Chapter 28: Battle Of The Owls (part 2)

After Redwing, Nightwing and Orphan defeat all the Talons guarding the mansion, Caleb turns to the others.

"You kill them! NO KILL!" Cass yells at Caleb. Caleb then grabs a Talon and rips their mask off to reveal a super pale almost white face with blue veins running throughout it.

 Caleb then grabs a Talon and rips their mask off to reveal a super pale almost white face with blue veins running throughout it

"They're already dead." Caleb tells her, showing Cass the Talon's face.

"Th...they a..al..already de..dead?" Cass said.

"Most of them have been alive if we can call it that for hundreds of years." Nightwing told her. "If the court gets the chance they're going to bring them back and we'll have to do this again." Nightwing continued.

"Speaking of which, let's go meet the court." Caleb said.

The three then entered the mansion and found Spoiler standing in front of a long table with no one in the seats.

"Where are they?" Redwing asked.

"I don't know. When I got here they were just gone." Spoiler told him.

"They couldn't have gone far besides their cars are still out front." Nightwing told the others.

"Find them." Redwing said. This caused the others to nod and split up to search the room to find where the court could have gone. After a few minutes of searching Nightwing activated a secret passage behind a bookshelf. Hearing the bookshelf move the others turned to where Nightwing was standing. Caleb then started to walk through the hidden door without saying a word before Nightwing stopped him.

"Caleb, I know this is personal for you and you think you need to do this so all I'm going to say is be careful we're walking into their house and we don't know what to expect." Nightwing told him before letting him walk through the passage with the others behind him.

As the four walked through the dark corridor they eventually were hit by a bright light that revealed that they were now in a marble maze.

"Grey Son of Gotham have you finally decided to join us, and you've come with a rogue Talon." a voice said over speakers hidden in the maze.

"How many times do I need to tell you to screw off!" Nightwing shouted into the maze.

"Wait a minute you're the Grey Son of Gotham?" Caleb asked Nightwing.

"I am." Nightwing replied.

"I'm suddenly kinda ok with being a knockoff you now." Redwing said.

"I knew you'd come around." Nightwing told him.

"How cute the Grey son and the rogue Talon are bonding." The voice said over the speakers.

"Never have been, never will be a Talon!" Caleb yelled into the maze.

"Then where did the costume come from a parent." the voice said. "It is, you want revenge for who your father?" the voice said.

"With how long I've been waiting, I'm going to enjoy this." Caleb said.

"If you want to try anything you'll have to find us first." the voice said.