Chapter 50: Resurgence

"Are you o...ok?" Cass asks with her hand on Caleb's shoulder.

"Not at all." Caleb says as Cass pulls him into a hug.

"Sorry to break up this little moment you two are having but what do we do now?" Christi asks, walking over to her son and his girlfriend.

"We wait." Caleb tells his mom.

"What do you mean we wait? We were just attacked shouldn't we do something?" Christi asks.

Caleb then spins the chair he's in around to face his mom and says "Maybe but I don't know what to do! They sent dad to our house to kill you so I'm sorry that I don't know what to do right now!"

"Did you know it was him?" Christi asks her son but Caleb doesn't answer, instead he turns the chair back around and rests his head in his hands with his elbows on the desk in front of him. "When he jumped through the window did you know it was him?" Christi asks again.

"Yes!" Caleb says turning back around. "As soon as I saw his suit I knew it was dad." he continues as he lowers his head.

"And you left him in an alley with a sword through his chest?!" Christi asks her son.

"Last time I cut his head off." Caleb mumbles.

"What was that?" Christi asks.

"Last time I cut his goddamn head off!" Caleb shouts standing up before falling to his knees. Cass is instantly by Caleb's side hugging him.

"Lo...look at me. We alright. Court not here." Cass tells Caleb while making him look her in the eyes. Caleb then rests his head in Cass' shoulder while wrapping his arms around her.

"I'm sorry, I just don't know what to do." Caleb mumbles into Cass' shoulder. The two then stay there hugging while sitting on the floor for a couple minutes before Caleb breaks the hug and gets up. While Caleb gets up he pulls Cass up to her feet with him before giving her a quick peck on the lips and saying "thank you, but I need to go get some air. I'll be back in a bit." Cass just nods to Caleb before he grabs his phone and walks off to the elevator leading to the roof of Wayne tower.

Once Caleb gets to the roof he walks over to the edge of the building and sits with his feet dangling off the building. Caleb spends the next couple of minutes just looking out at Gotham, the city whose corruption is deeper than anyone would think, just pondering what his next move against the Court of Owls should be. He then pulls out his phone and dials the number of someone he can talk to for advice.

After a few rings they finally pick up and Jason's voice can be heard on the other end saying "hey Caleb, what's up?"

"Can we talk?" Caleb asks.

"I don't need to be anywhere for a couple of hours so sure." Jason tells him.

"Thanks, meet me on top of Wayne tower?" Caleb says.

"I'm guessing you're already there?" Jason asks.

"So what if I am?" Caleb asks back.

"Haha, I'll see you soon Caleb." Jason says.

"Ok, see you soon." Caleb says before hanging up.

As Caleb is putting his phone back in his pocket he hears someone land on the roof behind him. "You got here quickly." Caleb says assuming it was Jason who landed behind him but then again it could not be him seeing as how there was no response. Caleb then heard whoever landed on the roof take a few steps towards him, still not saying a word causing Caleb to turn around to see a talon standing there slowly walking towards him. As Caleb took a closer look at the talon he realized this wasn't just any talon he is the most infamous of the Talons, the first Gray Son, William Cobb.