Chapter 10: Friend or Foe

"Bruce Wayne doesn't work for the Court of Owls." Caleb heard from above him. He then looked up getting ready for a fight to see a blonde girl in a black and purple costume perched on the fire escape a few levels above where Caleb and Cass were. After seeing her he recognized her from seeing her with Orphan the night of the Arkham breakout so he relaxed again.

"What do you mean he doesn't work for the court! He threatened my mom to get me to stop looking for them!" Caleb told the girl in purple getting angry.

Cass saw him getting angry and put a hand on his shoulder and said "She friend, no fight." This caused Caleb to take a breath to try to calm down.

"What do you mean he threatened you mom?" the girl in purple asked confused.

"He came to my door and told her if i don't stop my search someone close to me will get hurt or killed. So tell me again how he's not a part of the court of owls why don't you." Caleb responded a little annoyed.

"Talk on roof." Cass told him to which he nodded and slid back into his room.

"Give me 5 and I'll meet you up there." Caleb told them from in his room. After that the two girls headed up to the roof while Caleb changed into his costume and put his dad's jacket on and left the swords and gauntlets. After changing, Caleb went up to the roof where he met back up with the 2 girls.

"So you gonna tell me how Bruce Wayne threatening my mother to get me to stop looking for the court somehow doesn't mean he works for them?" Caleb asked annoyed while approaching the two on the roof.

"God damn that's kinda intimidating!" the girl in purple said.

"Names Talon Hunter I assume you know why." he told her with a slightly aggressive tone.

"Holy shit that is actually kinda scary!" the blonde told him, sounding kinda excited.

"Bruce Wayne, not a part of the court, explain now." Caleb demanded.

"Calm down." Cass told Caleb while putting a hand on his shoulder and taking her mask off. "We explain now." she continued to which Caleb nodded.

"Who in Gotham has seen your face and has the resources to track you down?" the girl in purple said.

"If what you are claiming is true then the court might not even know about me and other than you that leaves Batman who has seen my face." Caleb responded, starting to calm down. Cass just nodded at what Caleb said. So Caleb continued "Are you telling me that Bruce Wayne works for Batman?"

"Bruce doesn't work for Batman, he is Batman." the blond said cockily.