Chapter 21: Not A Sidekick

After Caleb and his mother finished eating and cleaned the dishes he went to his room and changed into his altered Talon suit and put on the black and red jacket before telling his mother he was leaving for the night.

Caleb had a little over an hour until he had to be at the Bat-bunker so he slowly headed towards Wayne Tower while stopping a few muggings on the way. Caleb ended up getting to Wayne tower at 9:45 so he started to scale the building. When he got to the top of Wayne tower he found the entrance to the secret elevator and used it to get to the bunker.

As Caleb entered the bunker he saw Nightwing waiting for him.

"Oh. good your here. You beat the girls by the way." Nightwing told him.
"So Cass and Stephanie aren't here yet?" Caleb asked.

"Ya that's what you beat them here means." Nightwing jokes. Caleb just nods in response to his joke. "Oh there's something I need to show you." Nightwing told Caleb excitedly.

"Is it about the court?" Caleb asked.

"No." Nightwing told him. He then continued "yesterday we were talking about getting you some new gear and i may have gotten a little carried away Littlewing." Nightwing then activated a wall panel that opened to reveal a new black and red suit. It was a primarily black suit with red lines breaking up the different sections of the suit which Caleb didn't mind. What Caleb didn't like about the suit was the big red bird like symbol on the chest, it made the suit look too much like an old Nightwing suit even though it had Caleb's hood mask design from his current suit. 

(that is just a reference image for what I based the new suit off of

(that is just a reference image for what I based the new suit off of. -S.L.)

"What is that?" Caleb asked even though he knew what Nightwing was going to say.

"It's your new suit Liitlewing." Nightwing told him.

"Don't call me that." Caleb responded.

"Fine so what do you want me to call you?" Nightwing asked Caleb.

"Caleb." he told Nightwing simply.

"Batman said you might get mad if we called you that." Nightwing told him.

"You didn't threaten my mom, he did." Caleb told him.

"Ok Caleb back on topic what do you think of the new suit?" Nightwing asked.

"No." is all Caleb said.

"What do you mean no?" Nightwing asked, surprised.

"I'm not wearing that." Caleb said as Cass and Stephanie walked in.

"What's going on?" Stephanie asked as she walked up to Caleb and Nightwing.

"Caleb here seems to have a problem with the new suit I got him." Nightwing said fake pouting.

Cass then walked up next to them and looked at the suit. She then said "too much like you."

"What do you mean it's too much like me?" Nightwing asked.

"I'm not going to be a knock off you. And I'm not going to be your sidekick either, you're my babysitter that I didn't ask for." Caleb told Nightwing.

"But I want my own robin!" Nightwing said jokingly, upset.

"That's not me." Caleb told him.

"At least take the toys." Nightwing told Caleb. Caleb just nodded and took the belt from the new suit and replaced the belt he currently wore storing his throwing knives and billy club. "Speaking of toys, how do you feel about motorcycles?" Nightwing asked.