Chapter 74

Fred, Diego and Bree moved to live with Augustus the moment Quil and Embry joined Jacob's pack. They got used to the Clearwaters already and accepted them being around because Seth was chill and Leah was practically Grace's girlfriend even if Grace refused to see it that way.

There was a bitter taste in Grace's mouth having her coven reduced to just her, Theo and Demetri. She could shoot the accusational glares around but that wouldn't help anything. She wouldn't make Leah feel bad for having her pack around. 

Theo picked up archery again. He found it easier to kill the boredom by doing something he still liked doing now that the world seemed to slow down. 

Grace was considering leaving. Considering... but Theo doubted that she would actually do it. 

"My love," Demetri murmured.

Theo didn't set the crossbow down. 

"Perhaps you'd like to go hunting now," he suggested.

Theo set his jaw as he fired another arrow having it pierce through a tree and kept going until it finally lost a bit of momentum and get lodge into the earth. Theo had been testing the durability of it. So far it still hadn't broken.

"Charlie will be here soon."

"As he will again whenever he can," Demetri set a hand on Theo's and lowered the bow. Theo leaned back into his chest.

Sue came around with Charlie to play the role of his human support system. Leah often but not always, stayed in human form much to her annoyance to be with her mother.

Theo still remembered the face Leah had, when she saw Grace in her original form, face to face, for the first time. She's only seen her in her true form in the mind of Jacob and Seth and Grace expected for something to change... Nothing changed. The imprint was still there and Leah said she didn't care but Leah had no experience dating girls... and that was the reason why Grace said they weren't dating. Grace didn't trust that it was Leah's feelings or the imprinting talking. Leah didn't seem to mind either way. Her problem wasn't male or female. She was glad she imprinted at all. Finally Sam was out of her head. Her problem was the vampire bit. She was comfortable with Grace but that didn't change the fact that Leah hated vampires. She was cordial with Theo only because he was Grace's brother. And tolerant of Grace's coven because they were Grace's but that didn't mean she liked anyone other than Grace.

And the moment Leah introduced Grace to Sue was gold too. Sue was similar to Leah in the reaction. The first obvious problem being vampire. Second was the girl bit. Grace was polite about the whole thing but didn't stay to talk long since Charlie had come into the room and Grace still didn't want him to see her yet.

"Your eyes are black, love, and your control not the best."

"I know," Theo grumbled.

Little Charlie spoke her first words within a week of existing. It was daddy, which was a safe start. Bella was able to hold her now but she never stayed with her long. There would be moments that she forgets that she wasn't the girl that slept with Edward but when she did remember she passed on Little Char. 

Charlie on the other hand was actually very happy about being a grandfather and held little Char whenever he had the chance. And since Charlie now knew more or less about what everyone was the Cullens didn't feel the need to be perfect in their human facade. Sue helped in his transition into supernatural.

Bella tries to talk to Grace often over her ability but Grace reminds her that that's up to the family and Grace makes it clear that she isn't part of the Cullen family. That doesn't deter Bella in the slightest. She was eager to know and eager to learn and determined to get the information out of Grace one way or another. Edward having to reel in Bella before Grace starts to really consider tearing off her head and Jasper always close behind to calm the both of them.