chapter one

two months ago
— october —

"Do you want to go to the movies this weekend with me?" Louis asked quietly as he looked over at Harry, who was sat in the desk pushed next to his own, trying to remain a bit quiet since they were in class, the lights dimmed so that they could see...

"Do you want to go to the movies this weekend with me?" Louis asked quietly as he looked over at Harry, who was sat in the desk pushed next to his own, trying to remain a bit quiet since they were in class, the lights dimmed so that they could see the video playing on the board. It seems they weren't the only ones that weren't paying complete attention, but being singled out was never fun, so. Staying quiet, it is.

"Lou, you realize I'm not letting you copy my notes if you miss what's in the video?" Harry questioned as he continued writing his notes, a small smile tugging on his lips as he continued filling in the blanks. He felt it was pointless and that no one was really going to take anything away from what they were watching, but this paper was due for a grade.

"Yes, you definitely will," Louis said with a little smile playing on his lips, but Harry only shook his head as he tried his best not to smile. "Come on, H. They're playing that new horror movie you wanted to see," He sang softly, trying his best to convince his boyfriend to come along with him. Personally, Louis didn't quite care for the horror genre but seeing as though it was that time of year again, it's all their local theater seemed to be playing. Plus, Harry quite enjoyed them, so Louis really didn't mind all that much.

"Lou, I don't know. My mum worries we spend too much time together." Harry said, letting his eyes glance over to Louis before he looked up at the board again and continued taking notes as the video played. It wasn't exactly a lie, his mum had expressed some concern that maybe Harry spent a little too much time with Louis. But in the end, she let it go, much to Harry's relief.

"Your mum worries far too much," Louis said with a small laugh and then placed a gentle hand on Harry's upper thigh while turning his attention back to his notes, eyes glancing over all the blank spaces left on the page as Harry's eyes darted over to him.

"I do have friends, you know? You take up a lot of my free time, Tomlinson." Harry teased as he changed the subject, turning away to look at the board, trying his hardest to ignore the way Louis' warm hand felt on his thigh, his eyes glancing towards their teacher to make sure she wasn't looking. "You do realize I'm trying to learn about abstinence here, yeah?" He questioned as he looked at Louis, who raised an eyebrow at Harry's words. "About why we should stay abstinent."

"Oh?" Louis questioned softly as he watched Harry's face, a playful smile tugging at his lips at the thought of Harry's words. Staying abstinent. "I really think you're past the point of no return there, love." He said with a small laugh, making Harry laugh as well.

"Mr. Tomlinson." The teacher decided to speak up then, making Louis quickly pull his hand away from Harry's thigh, placing it back in his own lap. The last thing he needed was for their teacher to separate the two of them because Louis had decided to be a bit cheeky. "Pay less attention to Mr. Styles and more attention to the video, yeah?" She asked, making a few of their classmates quietly snicker while Louis sank down a bit in his chair, his eyes facing the front now as Harry laughed a little from beside him.