chapter nine

one month ago
— november —

"You're still not talking to him?" Zayn asked as he looked over at Ashton, who was eating yogurt, doing his best not to glance in Luke's direction

"You're still not talking to him?" Zayn asked as he looked over at Ashton, who was eating yogurt, doing his best not to glance in Luke's direction. "I figured you two would be... whatever you were again in no time. I mean, it's been two weeks."

"Zayn..." Louis said as he looked up at his friend, shaking his head when Zayn looked at him as a way to tell him to shut up.

"It's fine, Louis," Ashton said softly and then shrugged his shoulders. "Zayn's always been quite nosy. I'm used to it at this point." He said and then gave Zayn a fake smile. "He's with Bella now and I don't care about it. I'm letting it go... moving on. To better things and better people."

"Really? Like who?" Zayn questioned and then gave Ashton a look as if to say he didn't believe a word that was coming out of the boy's mouth.

"I'm still looking," Ashton replied and then continued eating his yogurt. "Why does Harry look like he's going to pass out at any moment now?" He said, changing the subject as he watched Harry yawn and then lean his head on Louis' shoulder.

"Shush. I'm just tired." Harry explained as he let his eyes glance over at Ashton. "I was up late studying last night. Which is why I aced my test in second period." Harry said softly and then shut his eyes as he cuddled closer to his boyfriend.

"You should try to eat," Louis said softly as he had one arm wrapped around Harry's waist, offering Harry one of his own grapes, but Harry only shook his head.

"I'm not hungry," Harry replied softly when he'd opened his eyes for a moment.

"Are you sure you aren't getting sick, Harry?" Eleanor asked when she'd looked up from her phone. "Isn't the flu going around?"

"I would know if I had the flu," Harry assured and then sighed before sitting up, taking a grape from Louis and popping it into his mouth. "See? Now, none of you have to worry about me passing out or having the flu." Harry said softly as he chewed on the grape as Louis still held him close.

"I get why he's ignoring you, but why is he shutting the rest of us out as well?" Zayn asked as he glanced over at Luke who was talking to Bella who seemed to find whatever Luke was saying to be the most hilarious thing she'd ever heard.

"Because we took Ashton's side," Liam said as he glanced quickly over at Luke.

"Guys... I would really, really appreciate it if you'd just stop talking about it, okay? I apologized for starting shit at Zayn's place and I just... please stop talking about the situation and him, yeah?" Ashton asked softly and waited for everyone to nod or at least acknowledge what he'd said.

"Who are you texting?" Zayn questioned as he looked next to him at Eleanor, who was staring down at her phone again, typing every few seconds or so.

"Zayn, do you ever mind your own business?" Eleanor asked as she looked up from her phone to look at him instead, rolling her eyes when he shook his head. "You really wanna know?" She asked with a small smile, watching as Zayn nodded his head. "My mum, nosy." She said and then laughed a little.

"I don't believe you," Zayn said and then took a sip of his milk as he glanced at her again. "If it's your mum, what are the two of you talking about then?" He questioned.

"I asked if I could go on birth control to hopefully stop my periods," Eleanor answered with a straight face as she watched Zayn. "She said no because having periods are a natural womanly thing and that I shouldn't be ashamed of them. So, I told her I wasn't ashamed and that I'm just tired of dealing with cramps and feeling like shit and overall I'm tired of using tampons. But, she still said no because she thinks I'm too young to start taking birth control. So I am trying my best to convince her that I am in fact old enough and mature enough to take it." She said, offering her phone over to Zayn as if to prove her point.

"Do you ever give a TMI warning, El?" Zayn questioned and pushed her phone away from him.

"You asked." Eleanor pointed out with a shrug of her shoulders. "Plus, I should be able to tell you and everyone at this table that I'm frustrated with having periods. I don't have any girl friends." She hummed softly and then went back to typing away on her phone. "Harry, didn't your sister go on birth control for the same reason I want to?" She asked.

"Uh..." Harry said and then thought about it for a moment. "One, she was older than you. Two, that's what she told our mum, but it wasn't exactly true because the real reason she wanted to be on birth control is because she was having sex."

"Just tell your mum you're having sex," Zayn said and then Eleanor looked at Zayn as if he was stupid. "What?"

"Okay, for one, I'm not having sex so that would be a complete lie. And two, my mum would freak if I told her I was having sex at fourteen." Eleanor said and then quickly glanced over at Harry, hoping that her words didn't make it seem as if she was judging his and Louis' choices.

The bell soon rang and the lot of them said their goodbyes before throwing out their uneaten food and trash and then separated to go to class, Louis holding Harry's hand as he walked him to his next class.

"Hey, are you sure you're feeling okay?" Louis asked as they were both leaning up against the wall near the door to Harry's next class as they faced each other.

"I'm fine, Lou," Harry assured and then gave his boyfriend a small smile. "This is what I get for not going to sleep at the time I normally do on weeknights." He shrugged his shoulders a little. "I'll take a nap when I get home."

"Can I join you?" Louis asked and the gave Harry a small smile.

"Just to nap?" Harry asked, wondering if Louis was meaning coming over for more than just napping.

"Yeah. What did you think I meant?" Louis asked curiously as he watched Harry who only shrugged his shoulders. "Just because we're... not just napping... every now and again, doesn't mean I expect us to every time we're together, love. We talked about that before we ever even did anything, yeah?"

"Yeah, I know," Harry said after a few beats of silence between the two of them. "Yeah, you can come over and nap with me. But we have to get our homework done first. Don't let me fall asleep without having done my homework, Lou." Harry warned and then Louis shook his head before leaning in to press a gentle kiss to Harry's lips.

"I won't, my love," Louis promised quietly and then pecked Harry's lips quickly again before the minute bell rang. "I've gotta go. I'll see you after school." He said softly before walking away from Harry, making his way to his class quickly before he was marked tardy yet again.