chapter thirty-seven

This chapter is dedicated to every one of you who stuck with this story even through my hideous bout of writers' block. x  

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

"So... what did you see in Luke?" Eleanor asked as she looked down at her hands where Bella was painting her nails. "I mean, you and Ash seem to like him for some reason. I just can't understand... why?" 

"I don't know, El," Bella answered softly as she thought about it for a moment. "He's just good at... getting you to like him." She explained as she looked up at Eleanor's face for a moment. "He's nice when he feels the need to be. He's cute. Plus, he's a good kisser. And, well, he's good, you know, in bed." She said with a small shrug of her shoulders.

"I wouldn't know actually," Eleanor said with a small laugh. "I don't want Luke's dick anywhere near me." She said, making Bella giggle. "Was he your first?" She asked curiously, although she'd been told before that Bella was the type to get around. She didn't really like believing rumors though.

"No," Bella answered honestly as she swiped the pad of her thumb around Eleanor's cuticle where she'd accidentally let a little paint get, glancing up when Eleanor was quiet, assuming she was wondering how many guys had come before Luke. "Ask away, Calder." She said with a playful smile as she returned her eyes to Eleanor's nails.

"How many have you had sex with?" Eleanor asked curiously, feeling a little hesitant about asking it because she didn't want to ruin this newfound friendship with Bella before it had even really begun. 

"Like... oral sex or sex sex?" Bella asked as she glanced up at Eleanor again, but she remained quiet, a slight blush appearing on her cheeks, making Bella laugh a little. "I've given six blowjobs and slept with three." She explained, not exactly feeling shameful about it, but it wasn't like she was exactly proud either. But she felt like she could be honest with Eleanor.

"Oh," Eleanor said softly as she looked down at her nails again, admiring the work Bella was doing. "When was your first time?" She asked curiously.

"The beginning of summer," Bella answered honestly and then hummed softly. "Like eight months ago, now." She explained further as she looked at Eleanor. "What about you?" She asked, already having a feeling that Eleanor hadn't exactly been with anyone, but who knows?

"Oh, I haven't," Eleanor admitted, not feeling ashamed of it, but it felt like everyone around her was experiencing something she wasn't. It made her feel kind of left out, but she wasn't going to rush it. 

"Cool," Bella spoke softly and offered Eleanor a small smile. "You don't have to until you feel ready." She explained, not wanting to make Eleanor think she thought less of her just because she was a virgin. "I wasn't. My first time." Bella admitted as she went back to painting Eleanor's nails. "He was older. Pressured me. I thought I loved him. Blah blah blah." Bella said with a small laugh, finding humor in the situation now. "Point is, don't ever let someone pressure you, yeah? Better to wait until you're ready."

"Hm, with everything going on in our friend group, I think staying away from sex is my best option here," Eleanor said with a small laugh, making Bella smile. 

"I think staying away from Luke Hemmings is your best option here," Bella laughed a little, admiring how well she'd painted Eleanor's fingers before screwing the cap back on, picking Eleanor's hands up and blowing on them a little to dry them quicker. "Maybe Ash will help him... simmer." She hummed softly as her eyes trailed up to Eleanor.

"I just hope that Ash doesn't get hurt in the process," Eleanor said softly, really hoping that wouldn't be the case. "Let's talk about something else." She said softly.