chapter eighteen

Harry looked at himself in the mirror for probably the twelfth time in the last hour. He felt as if it looked obvious that he was pregnant, but he knew that no one else would be able to tell except himself. He wasn't showing a lot yet, but his stomach was already starting to look a little bloated, not like his usual completely flat stomach. It had been exactly five days since Harry had found out the news and he still felt as freaked out as he did when he found out.

Tonight was the New Years party that was being thrown at Zayn's house by his older brother Jace. After a lot of convincing from Zayn, Jace finally agreed to let him invite his own friends. So, Zayn had invited Harry, Louis, Niall, Liam, Zayn, Eleanor, Ashton, Luke, and Bella. 

"Ready to go?" Gemma asked as she walked into the bathroom next to Harry, looking herself over in the mirror. "Is this skirt too short?" Gemma asked as she pulled on the piece of clothing as she continued looking at herself in the mirror.

"Yes," Harry said with a small laugh as he looked down at the mini skirt she'd decided to wear.

"Perfect." Gemma smiled and then looked over at Harry before looking over her made-up face.

"Gems its cold outside." Harry pointed out as he fixed his hair a bit.

"Good thing we're going to a house party then, Harold," Gemma said and then pushed her brother gently. "Come on, we should get going. We still have to pick up your boyfriend and your little sidekick." She said just as Asher appeared in the doorway of the bathroom. 

"Thanks for offering to drive us, Asher," Harry said as he looked over at the boy who shrugged his shoulders and gave Harry a small nod.

"No problem. We should actually get going though," Asher said and then looked Gemma over. "You look absolutely beautiful, Gems."

"Thanks." Gemma smiled and then walked out of the bathroom with Harry following behind the two of them.

"Be safe! Gem, keep an eye on Harry, please? I understand it's a party, but I need you both to keep a careful watch on one another." Anne warned from the living room. "I love you. Have a great time."

"Got it, mum, love you," Gemma replied as she grabbed her coat and Harry did the same before the three of them headed out to the car.

They'd picked up Louis first and then Eleanor, leaving Harry to sit in the middle in the back of the car. Then, Asher drove to Jace and Zayn's house. Once they'd arrived at the house, there were already so many people trailing in and around the house. 

"Ground rules," Asher said before any of them were able to get out of the car and turned around to look at the three younger kids, "I don't care if you little tots decide to drink but not too much, yeah? If anyone pukes in my car, they're cleaning it. I'm serious." Asher said as he looked between them. "This is an... adult-like party. Be aware of your surroundings and watch your drinks, okay?" He asked and they nodded their heads. "Lastly, if you need anything, just come and find me. Harry has my number." He said and then turned around before opening his door to get out of the car.

"Gems, he's so cute." Eleanor laughed a little as she got out of the car and Gemma laughed and then smiled over at her.

"I know, right?" Gemma said as she watched the rest of them pile out of the car. "Come on." She said and then looped her arm with Eleanor's as they walked up to the house together, Asher following behind them. Louis and Harry walked together hand-in-hand behind the three of them.

"We should go find everyone else," Louis said when they'd finally walked inside to see what looked like their entire high school piled up in one house.

It was a bit overwhelming honestly, especially because the smell of alcohol was pungent throughout the house. Zayn's parents were on some sort of business trip and wouldn't be back until school started again and Harry figured that was lucky because there was a lot to clean up.

"There's Z." Harry pointed out, trying to ignore the nauseous feeling he was having due to the smell of the house as he and Louis made their way over to where Zayn and a few of their friends were sitting in the large living room on one of the couches.

"You made it!" Zayn said and then pulled Harry into a tight hug, pulling him down onto the couch and Harry could tell Zayn had been drinking and it wasn't just because Zayn was being very touchy right now. He could smell the alcohol on his breath and Harry knew he was going to be sick at least once in the next hour.

"Hands off, Malik." Louis teased as he sat down on the couch and pulled Harry out of Zayn's grip when Jace, Zayn's older brother walked over, taking the red plastic cup out of his younger brother's hands.

"You're cut off," Jace said sternly as he looked down at Zayn. "I said you could come to the party. Didn't say you could drink." He said.

"Well, it was implied," Zayn replied with a toothy grin and Jace only rolled his eyes at his words. "I won't drink anymore." He promised and with that, Jace walked away after looking over Zayn's friends.

"God, he's so hot, Zayn," Eleanor said as she leaned closer into Zayn's side after she'd sat down on the couch. "You have to put in a good word for me." She laughed a little and then looked over at Zayn.

"Are you kidding me?" Zayn asked and then shook his head. "He'd never go for you." He informed as he leaned back on the couch and Eleanor gave him a confused look.

"What? Why not?" Eleanor asked, sounding pretty offended. 

"You can't date my brother," Zayn said and then shook his head before standing up and looking at the three of them. "I'm going to get another drink. Anyone want anything?" He asked and once he'd gotten his answer, he walked away.

"I'm... going to go make sure he can find the kitchen," Louis said after he watched Zayn stumble over his own feet multiple times in a row and then kissed Harry's cheek before standing up and following Zayn.

"How are you feeling?" Eleanor asked as she scooted closer over to Harry. 

"Fine," Harry replied and then shrugged his shoulders. "Like I could puke at any given moment actually." He smiled and then Eleanor laughed a little.

"Jace looks really fit tonight, yeah?" Eleanor asked as she smiled at Harry. "Too bad he goes for experienced girls, yeah?" She asked and Harry nodded. "Older girls, and all." She said just as Niall and Liam walked over to the couch, taking a seat beside them.

"The party started two hours ago and already I've witnessed three physical fights, too many drunken teenagers to count, four couples attempting to... do stuff, and about ten people have asked me if I want to take a hit off of their joint. Spoiler alert: I don't." Liam said and then sighed softly. "Our first high school party, guys." He shook his head and then took a sip of the Coca-Cola he was holding.

"I thought Luke and Ash broke things off," Niall said, his eyes fixed on the two boys in the corner of the room making out as if their lives depended on it.

"Bella isn't here," Eleanor pointed out. "Luke said that she was grounded or something." She said as she watched the two boys right as Louis and Zayn got back from the kitchen, taking a seat on the couch, handing out all the drinks they'd stolen from the kitchen.

Louis handed Harry one of the red plastic cups, but Harry wasn't sure how to approach the topic about the fact that it wouldn't be at all smart for him to drink right now, but luckily Eleanor stepped in and took the cup from Harry, taking a sip from it.

"Thirsty, El?" Louis asked in a teasing manner and Eleanor only gave him a small smile.

Thank you all so much for 500 reads! I'm having so much fun writing this book. (: