Chapter 39: I Can't Stop Me

"Chaeyoung so you are her reincarnation." The God of underworld smiled. Chaeyoung didn't look like she's enjoying it at all. Instead of answering his question...

"Wait here" She turned her back to the immortal and faced Mina. Just like that, a blinding light surrounded her. Blinding everyone's vision. Mina voluntarily closed her eyes.

"Go leave with Jihyo." Chaeyoung ordered. Mina slowly opened her eyes and light didn't hurt her eyes anymore.

"B-but what about you?" Mina frowned.

"I'll finish things here. You need to go. I can't be at peace fighting Hades if you are here." Chaeyoung's eyes shows how worried and afraid she is for the girl. 

"But Chae I-" 

"I'm sorry." The younger woman's eyes intensified from the overflowing emotions she's feeling towards the woman before her. 

"I should be the one saying that" Mina released a soft and sad smile. After all this time, it was Chaeyoung who can still make her feel this comforting but complex feelings.

"No, it's just... I'm sorry." She lowered her head feeling guilty than ever. She almost killed her. Mina let out a sigh. She took a step closer to Chaeyoung.

"Hey it doesn't suit you." She smiled and touched the girl's cheek softly. Chaeyoung unconsciously leaned to the touch. This is the warmth she's been missing for three years. A lone tear escaped her eyes. Somehow she felt so sad for losing those three years away only to meet on this moment. Where they don't know they'll be able to get out alive.

"Mina I love you." She blurted full of emotions as she stare on those purple eyes of the woman she fell in love with. Mina can't help but cry too. As of things has finally fall back to it's right puzzle place.

"I love you too." The young leader let their heads touched together. Feeling the small moment together.

"Please go." Chaeyoung pleaded and closed her eyes feeling the touch. It took Mina ten seconds before finally making up her mind. Somehow deep inside her she knew this is Chaeyoung's purpose and responsibility to fulfill. Who am I to defy her choice.

"Will you promise me to come back?" She smiled. Chaeyoung opened her eyes and her golden and blue eyes reflected her determination. She leaned down to claim those lips. Mina felt the world on that. 

"I will and will come back to you." Chae nodded. 

"Hmm I expected much to my princess charming." Mina chuckled. She had grown into a beautiful and powerful woman. The kid I used to protect has become stronger than me. 

"Leave it to me besides... I have a work for you and Jihyo unnie." Chaeyoung's eyes changed into a serious one.

"What?" Mina frowned.

"Find Hecate's daughter. She's going to be our key to stop this curse."