Chapter 40: Sacrifice

The black winged man raised his hand to the right as he summoned a large sword wrapped in darkness. His golden eyes shows no emotions. 

"Thanatos." Hades called.

"I have to pay for my debt." He spoke.

"Nyx!" Hades grunted under his breathe. A very heavy presence has made everyone wrapped in fear. Even Taeyeon dropped on her knee. Chaeyoung fought the urge of going down too. Black smoke came but there was no one. Chaeyoung could see a silhouette of a woman on the very dark center on it. 

"Ruler of underworld. Why do you seek me?" A soft but intimidating voice echoes from  the portal. One God just came and there's already another one who joined. Chaeyoung don't know how to handle two or more Gods now if this new comer is an enemy too.

"Why is your son doing this?" He gritted in anger but he still lowers his head towards the high deity. Nyx is a powerful entity who stood close to the creation of world. The goddess of night and mother of personified deities such as sleep, death, and darkness. 

"Mother." Thanatos called. 

"Son what's going on?" The voice suddenly turns into a hundred eighty turn into ice cold one.

"I promised a friend. I will protect her when she gets reincarnated and when I can" The God of death spoke emotionlessly. Chaeyoung turned to Taeyeon in confusion but the woman has his eyes fixed on the two entity. Her eyes shows she knows what they're talking about. 

"So you are that little goddess before." Nyx eyes glows in interest. 

"I'm n-" Chaeyoung suddenly felt a throbbing pain on her chest. She blinked in realization, it was Alectrona. She decided to let her take over and with a split seconds, her eye that was colored in blue has turned into gold. 

"I am." The deeper voice in her answered. This time it wasn't her talking. 

"I see. Then I can't do anything about it." The shadow figure smiled. 

"What?! but we have an agree-" 

"Hades" She cut him off with authority on her tone. The God of underworld stopped.

"I may have been lenient to your request of help but asking me to stop my son is an insult. Are you saying his way of judgment that came from me is stupid?" The air around them felt more and more eerie. 

"N-no." 

"I only agreed to help you for a gratitude of helping my son for a place to stay and I already paid that. Starting today... I who ruled the night is cutting my ties to the God of Underworld and if you insist of fighting my son, I will swallow your realm with darkness. No fire, nor light shall enter." Her words struck Hades hundred times the pain from Zeus's lightning.