Chapter 11: Can you see my heart

Chaeyoung sat at the couch with a food in hand. They're planning to have a movie marathon today for a break. The team decided to have a week of rest before they make a choice to agree on forming an alliance with the Lunams. 

"So what do you want to tell me?" She smiled admiring Mina's side profile. Chaeyoung has a hunch on what she's going to say. It'll be hard but she has to keep her composure. She could still remember the painful thought in her mind. The last question Taeyeon asked to her. 

Flashback

They returned to their original place as if they never left. Sitting in front of the fire with Taeyeon looking at her on the opposite chair. Her golden eyes along with fire creates a fiery reflection to it.

"W-what should I do? I can't live without her unnie but my mother was the reason for..." Chaeyoung shook her head in desperation.  She wanted to believe that none of it is true. Her kind mother who could not even hurt a fly can actually kill someone. Taeyeon can only offer her a sad smile.

"In order to save the one you love... you have to leave. I know what I am asking from you is a very hard decision but I am trying to save your heart here. I don't want you to end up like me or your mom." Taeyeon stood up and approached her. She squatted in front of the crying girl and holds her trembling hands. "I know what your parents did is very cruel. Soeun never wanted to kill Hanna but look what happened. She blamed herself for years Chaeyoung-ah. She hated her powers so much that she decided to..." Taeyeon trailed. She could still remember everything as if it was just yesterday. Those painful tears her sister cried every night and the only thing she can do is watch.

"This is the curse of a Sol and my role is to prevent the remaining descendants from getting through it. I promised Miyoung. Can you leave her and come with me?" 

End of Flashback.

Chaeyoung snapped back in reality when she saw a hand waving in front of her. It was Mina's. 

"Oh sorry what did you say again?" She blinked and cleared her voice. Mina let out a sigh.

"You're not listening." She deadpan.

"Sorry you're so beautiful that it's distracting." She lied but she meant what she said about how beautiful her girlfriend is. Mina crinkles her nose and pinches Chaeyoung's cheeks.

"Okay fine. I'm going to repeat it because you're so cute." She giggled and intertwined their hands. "Uncle said there is a way to save Jihyo unnie." Mina turned to her with a small smile. Chaeyoung frowned. It's not what she expected to hear.

"There is?" 

"Yes, Sols can revive someone once in their lifetime." She answered. Chaeyoung then remembered her conversation with Suzy. She did mentioned that they have the power to revive a dead person. 

"Really?" She asked in confirmation. Somehow she felt complicated hearing the news knowing that she has a blood of a Sol flowing within her. 

"Yes but the problem is that we need to fight them." She let out a sigh. Chaeyoung frowned from the idea.

"Why? Didn't you say that the three tribes has an alliance?" 

"Yes but I also told you about the hate of the Lunams towards them right? and uncle wants me to join them." Mina pursed her lips when she remembered the main reason of that hate. On the other hand, Chaeyoung felt more troubled. If I were to join Taeyeon unnie then I have to be their enemy too because I am a Sol myself. The fate seems to hate them so much. Chaeyoung bitterly smiled.