Chapter 19: Thru these tears

The sun was up and the light coming from the window illuminates the room. A sleeping girl finally woke up from her deep slumber. She didn't dream about anything. Mina woke up without feeling anything. Empty and devoid of emotions.

The memories about what happened yesterday played in her mind as if proving to her how cruel the world is. She looked down at the cold space beside her. Another surge of tears are threatening to fall down. The pain is still there. Someone you thought you'll spend your lifetime left just like that. 

She felt betrayed, confused, hurt and broken. Chaeyoung won't leave her, that is something she believed. If the woman who waited for her in twelve years are leaving just like that because of a family conflict, it's hard to accept. She wouldn't believe it that easily because she knew there is a deeper reason to it and that is something she's going to discover sooner as someone knocked on her door.

"Mina." A blonde woman opened it.

"J-Jihyo?" She was taken aback by the sudden appearance of the supposed to be dead girl in front of her door peeking from it.

"Hi." She smiled and entered the room before closing the door behind her. 

"How..." She ran her eyes from the frame of her friend whom she missed so much. 

"I am here to explain everything to you." Jihyo sat at the edge of my bed with a sad smile tugged on her lips. 

 Flashback

"So are you going to tell me what is happening now?" Jihyo crossed her arms as she stare at Momo with a serious look. 

"Okay I'm going to tell you everything I know, please don't interrupt me." Momo sighed as she leaned on the couch and sips on her coffee to calm herself. She knew that Jihyo's resurrection only indicates that Chaeyoung has already left. The younger woman nodded.

"To be honest, I shouldn't know about this but I happened to eavesdrops on their conversation with Tzuyu."  Jihyo's brow raised from the mention of the younger girl but she decided to listen. "So Chaeyoung has no choice but tell me everything too. It turns out that the cub was bearing some heavy weight in her from the fact that she is a Sol." Momo was quite surprised that Jihyo took the truth calmly as if she knew about it already. Did she?

"So are you saying that she traded herself to revive me?" Jihyo asked her frowning. 

"Wait you're not surprised about her being a Sol?" 

"No. I somehow saw a glimpse of this coming. I thought it was because of the cage but it's actually because of Night." She huffs and ruffles her hair in frustration. 

"What? Chaeyoung said you erased your memory about the tribes-" 

"I did but I regained it when I saw those golden eyes again." 

"Again?!" Momo asked in surprised.