Chapter 7: If The World was Ending

Chaeyoung closed the door and put her things on the table. She looked at her watch. It's already past ten and Mina had yet to send a text to her or even call. She pouted at the thought that the woman seems to forgot about her. In the end, she texted her with 'when are you coming home? I miss you' with still a heavy heart. She put down the phone and wears the apron. She needs to cook. 

While doing so, she played some music so that she'll be in the mood. Living with Mina became a norm to her. Together they fill the emptiness of one another. 

"If the world was ending you'd come over right~" She sang along with the song. 

"The world wasn't ending but I'd still come over." A familiar voice interrupted her with her singing and cooking. She turned around to see a smiling Mina leaning on the bar table of the kitchen. Both hands on her chin supporting her head. She wanted to smile seeing such gesture but she has to contain herself for a reason.

"A text won't hurt you know." She pouted and closed the pot letting the food cook itself. Mina didn't answer but instead she walked closer to her and hug from behind. 

"I'm sorry." She mumbled and snuggled on Chaeyoung's exposed neck. She inhaled her scent and that immediately made her comfortable and calm. All the negative thoughts before faded away.

"Hey are you okay?" Chaeyoung noticed the odd behavior of her lover.

"I am. I just missed you so much." She grins and peeks from her shoulder. Chaeyoung chuckled seeing the girl back to herself.

"Then you should've came back sooner. How was the investigation? Did you found something new?" She asked with a soft voice.

"Hmm can we talk about that next time? Don't wanna talk about it." Mina tightens the hug on her waist. Chaeyoung noticed that she really doesn't like it so she decided to approach the topic later. 

"Hey let's dance." Chaeng turned to face her and wrapped her arms around Mina's neck. She pulled her closer, hugging her and swaying them together along the music. The song changed into Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur.

"What kind of dance is this?" Mina chuckled as they were swaying side by side slowly.

"Chaengie's hugging dance." Chaeyoung answered while smiling. Mina laughed at her. 

"You surely knows how to make me smile." Mina snuggled closer on the warmth.

"I am your smile and we both know that." She boast and that successfully made Mina laugh again.

"Am I your smile too?" She asked. 

"Ani but you are like a Teru Teru Bozu to me." Chaeyoung smirked. (Search for the meaning if you don't know)

"Why? do I look like a doll to you?" Mina chuckled.