Chapter 44: Choice of Heaven

A beautiful lady sat alone on the balcony where there are many beautiful flowers blooming. On the middle of it is a fountain with a crow as it's statue. She don't remember anymore how many days and years had passed since she left the mortal realm. She still thought about them especially the woman whom she promised forever to. All this time she's wondering if the woman was still alive or does age got into her and passed away already. Did she married someone else?

"Are you thinking about them?" Her mother appeared beside her with a soft smile. 

"Mother you're back." Nayeon smiled and welcomes her mother with a hug.

"Hmm I just made a detour to hear some news." Hecate pull her down to sit again. 

"What news?" 

"I heard about your mortal friends." She patted Nayeon's hand gently. What she said made Nayeon raised her brow. She never thought her mother would openly talk about them. All this time what she always says is to forget about them. 

"I know you missed them." She smiled. 

"Mother I-" 

"It's fine. I've seen how kind and good they are. Besides I can't see your sad face looking so far away from here anymore. I guess a hundred of years is enough for me to realize you need your happiness too." The goddess let out a sigh before taking out an earring. 

"What are you talking about? what is this?" Nayeon looked at the object on her palm. 

"Wearing this will make you human. You can live with her. Grow old with her. Get married." Nayeon don't know what to say to her mother's action. She felt happy but complicated at the same time. 

"B-but what about you?" She's worried to left her alone. 

"I can manage. I'll visit you from time to time." Hecate holds her daughter's face affectionately. Nayeon can't help but lean to the touch. Her mother who's always been kind to her is doing this decision for her happiness. For how many years Hecate has doted for her she somehow knew she's going to miss it too. The motherly love she never felt before was given to her unconditionally. 

"T-thank you mom." She smiled but her eyes is tearing up from the emotions.

"You're welcome sweetie. You'll always be my daughter okay? oh and also someone sent you this." She showed an invitation card with the list of their names. 

"Who sent this?" 

"Hmm maybe you should go to find out?"

...

A black haired woman got out of the airport with her glasses on. Her one hand on her suit case while the other is holding a dog.