Chapter 21: Prophecy

Surprised is an understatement on what Mina felt. After waiting and hoping of meeting the girl again she finally got her chance. But that chance to get her back is still far from reach. She's so close but farther than before. Her eyes told her so.

The meeting started in the usual way. The only difference will be Chaeyoung joining in. She stood beside Taeyeon acting as her right hand. They're talking about the new group messing on the eastern territory.

"I suggest you send someone to fix it." Chaerin leaned on her seat crossing her legs and arms.

"We already did but it seems like someone with abnormal abilities are leading them. The men I sent are completely wiped out." Hoseok answered. He was the one responsible for the eastern activities and protecting the said territory. Even with a human body, the man has a mind that was beneficial to the council for a decade.

"I see.. what tribe?" Taeyeon asked.

"Well my sources tells me it's the lunams." He turned to look to Mina with a subtle hint of accusation in his voice. Mina took his gaze calmly with a cold return.

"Maybe it's one of those who escaped the cage. I will look into it." Her voice devoid of any emotions. As far as she want to focus on the certain woman, she has to play her role as the leader.

"Very well. I'm letting you take care of the matter Myoui-ssi." Taeyeon smiled but she knew better that's not it.

"Can you tell specifically Hoseok?" Mina turned to the man with her purple irises glowing in intimidation.

"They want revenge to the Night. It is what they said. They have blue eyes but it seems like some of them was red too. Some are still young and can't quite control their abilities." He answered. Mina knows her guess might be right. The day when the cage was destroyed, not all children are saved and taken by Akira's group. Some of them escaped and hate must have get through them.

"What shall we do to them your highness?" Mina looked up on Taeyeon's golden eyes. She tried her best not to glare nor look at the woman beside her.

"What do you think Seyoung-ah?" She smiled asking her niece. Mina and the rest are quite surprised hearing her question. It was the first time that the older woman was letting someone else decide for her.

Chaeyoung sighed and lifted her eyes meeting into Mina's. Finally, she can see her again. The younger woman tried to steeled herself not to show any emotion to show her weak side. Straight in the eyes, she said those words she knew will change their view to her.

"I think we should kill them. They won't do good. Ducos will be Ducos and as much as they have small portions of royalty abilities... we don't need such weaklings." She answered with deeper voice and eyes darker than ever. Mina can't help but feel sad aboit it. This Chaeyoung was not her Chaeyoung. She's different because her ex lover would never say that. She cares for life.

"So you are saying we kill them?" Taeyeon smirked and asked in clearance.