Chapter 17: Betrayal

A/N: This will be extra long and prepare a tissue.

...

"We're here Somi-ah." she stopped the car on the side. 

"Would you like me to go in with you?" The woman offered. Chaeyoung smiled politely and shook her head in refusal.

"It's fine. Thank you for driving me here." She opened the door and got out of the car. 

"uhm Chaeyoung-ah." She called. Chaeyoung turned to her with a blank expression.

"Be strong. I can feel you feeling so confused and pained right now but trust me... that is not permanent." Somi softly smiled to her and somehow it gave her a little comfort.

"Thanks Somi-ah."

"If you need help I'll be sure to be there." She grinned and that made her chuckle.

"How would you know? We're not together."

"Nah I'm not your guardian for nothing." She cheekly winked.

"Whatever you should go" She waved for the last time before the other woman drove away. Chaeyoung released a sigh.

Flashback

"I want you to meet your guardian." Taeyeon turned to her with a small smile. 

"Guardian?" Chaeyoung repeated. The meeting ended and they're back on the Son's household.

"Yes, each Sols has a guardian to protect them before they're awaken. You met that man with Suzy right? His name is Minho and he is Suzy's guardian. A guardian are the only mortal that we can trust because they're someone who were born solely for you. If you die they'll eventually die too." Her eyes shifted to a saddened one.

"So mom has one before?" She asked. Taeyeon smiled.

"Yes it's your father." She grinned. Chaeyoung was quite surprised hearing the truth.

"Then who is my guardian?" Chae frowned. 

"You already met her. I asked her to drive you back and she's waiting outside." 

"I met her?" 

"Hmm it's Jeon Somi."

End of Flashback

She walked inside the building with head full of thoughts from the meeting hours ago. Maybe she was so out of it that she didn't even noticed that she's already inside the room where ten people are talking about something so serious.