Chapter 32: Island of Rhodes (2)

A/N: This is the teaser part.

____

The night is deep and moon is up to witness the two girls who sat silently side by side. Facing the beautiful lake illuminated by the moon and fireflies flying above it. Chaeyoung was amazed by the scene in front of her. Somehow she felt familiarity to it. 

"You should just go with her." Mina started. 

"I can't leave you here. I know you Mina." She turned to meet Mina's empty ones. "You will surely go to save your friend." 

"If you know why stop me? Can't you just let me do my job?" Mina let out a sigh. Chaeyoung smiled and silently sat on the grass. She look at the lake with familiarity. Somehow she felt so close to it.

"Have a sit. Calm down." she smiled which gave Mina no other way but sat beside her and watch the beautiful scene in front of them. Another moment of silence swallowed them.

"Do you know about this place?" Chaeyoung tried to ease up the tension. 

"What place?" 

"This island." 

"You mean Rhodes." 

"So you knew about it." Chae turned to her in amusement. Mina remained focused and cold.

"I did. It's where everything started. How could I not."

"You did know about the legend?" 

"Legend of what?" 

"Alectrona and Luna." 

"I did." 

"I guess being the leader has its perks." 

"Well I am here for that role. Being a leader made me more aware of the bigger picture. I need to get Jessica back." Mina's tone is absolute and composed. 

"Jessica will return until the time Taeyeon unnie let them go. What you did today only made her believe that you can't be trusted and will only cause more troubles." Chaeyoung argued.

"These won't happened if in the first place they didn't kill my mother Chae. I understand that you defend them because they're your family but don't tell me on what to do." Instead of calming the atmosphere it only goes more complicated. so Chaeng tried to change the topic. 

"Did you know that this lake is the lake where Alec died?" She started. Mina turned to her, quite baffled on what the girl is trying to do. One moment they're arguing then a second after she's going to act like nothing happened.