Chapter 43: Hundred

Jieun took out the box and put Chaeyoung's soul to the scale. The scale immediately dropped where the orb is placed. The light above shined towards her soul.

"She shall be reincarnated after a hundred of years and as a reward she will regain her abilities but her memories of the past lives shall be wiped out. She will be given a life deserving for her good deeds." The judge of afterlife spoke in a deep voice. Announcing his decree. Before Chaeyoung's soul was taken, Jieun slipped something without anyone noticing. 

"This is my last gift." Jieun smiled as the soul evaporated to the air. She then transformed into a beautiful bird and followed the light.

The quantum space they entered has a different flow of time. Athena wasn't supposed to be there but she has gained the permission to guard and guide her to the next life. She only worries for the girl. After a hundred years will the same woman waits for her? Mina is a Demi human she can live just like how Taeyeon did but the question is if she can wait.

It's only a matter of hour staying inside when they got out of the space. The light bearing Chaeyoung flew to a high building. Jieun could hear a familiar voice when they entered the top floor. She watched as a couple is hugging in joy. 

"Taengoo I'm pregnant." The eye smile of the girl radiates her happiness.

"I'm so happy Miyoung-ah." She hugged the woman mirroring her excitement.

"I'll go tell Seohyun." She beamed and kissed Taeyeon's lips before going to leave. When the woman left, Jieun finally showed up. 

"You should use the door." Taeyeon chuckled when she felt the familiar presence.

"My bad. How have you been?" She smiled and sat on Taeyeon's office chair.

"Many things happened after Eighty years. When I got reincarnated, I learned that the curse was lifted. The Sols continued aging, the night no longer exist, Soeun was pretty much an old woman when we met again. I was fifteen when I met her. She was happy to die with age and Eric. Even Soo, Yuri, Sunny, Yoona and Hyo are pretty much on their bed rest but I've never seen them so happy before. I buried them together in one place along with Soeun and Eric. Hyun was the only one left. She's already old too. But even with it, they all look satisfied. It's all thanks to that little cub whom I sacrificed myself for but it turns out I can't really change her fate." She smiled as she was telling what happened. Her eyes fixed in front of the scenery overlooking thee city. It became more modern indeed.

"It's all good. Everything happens for a reason." Jieun answered. 

"I just wished I can at least save her soul so she can be reincarnated." She let out a sad sigh. "My memories was not erased and I know it's your doing." She turned to the goddess with a soft smile.

"A thanks is enough." IU winked.

"Well thanks. Why are you here again?" She raised a brow. She never even thought she'll see the woman again.

"Oh just wanna inform you that Chaeyoung has been reincarnated." Her words stopped the woman as she look like a malfunctioning machine with the continues blink.