Chapter 18: Resurrection

Momo opened the door with a weary eyes. A beautiful smiling woman welcomed her. She stood wearing a fancy red dress and her glowing gold eyes sent shivers down on Momo's spine. 

"W-welcome." She stuttered. Awestruck from the stunning figure in front of her. IU smiled to her and enter the place. 

"You must be Momo." 

"Yes uhm and you are?" Momo doesn't know if she has the right to know but asking wasn't a problem.

"I'm Jieun but you can call me IU." The older girl offered her hand to shake. Momo sensed that she wasn't a threat. 

"Hirai Momo." She took the hand to shake with a polite smiled tugged on her lips. 

"So tell me where is Park Jihyo? the one I'm going to revive." Hearing the words coming from the woman, Momo can't still quite believe that someone living can actually revive a dead. 

"Come follow me." She lead her to the room where Jihyo's body laid. IU smiled seeing the beautiful lady on the other side of the glass.

"You preserved her well." Momo smiled to the comment. 

"Thanks." It's her job to take care of Jihyo's body and hearing someone praising it boost her pride.

"So I need you to get out." 

"What?" She was taken aback by the sudden request.

"I can't revive her if you are here. I need to concentrate." IU smiled and somehow the flickers in her eyes made Momo believe that she can trust her. 

"Okay I'll leave. Call me if you need anything." 

"All good Momo-ssi." IU nodded and that's her cue to leave the room. Momo turned around for the last time before finally closing the door behind her. 

She leaned on the close door and waited for everything to be done. Meanwhile, inside the room, IU's glowing yellow iris reflected Jihyo's body in front of her. She inhaled a great amount of air and started to concentrate her energy force towards the said girl. 

"I, with a blood of Sol wanted to meet the guardian of death. From the power granted to me, I will be using my ability to revive a dead back on this living world again. Hear my call, Azrael." IU took out a knife and sliced her palm to bleed and let the blood drop on the floor. The blood dropped shined as a new entity came from it. A man wearing an all black with pale complexion stood in front her. Eyes darker than night and hair white as clouds.

"You have finally called me." His voice lower than normal.

"Yeah Taeyeon begged me for this. So? can you get her soul back?" The woman crossed her arms as she gave the man a dead look. He smiled looking at the soulless body of Jihyo.