Chapter 22: Mission

Chaeyoung crossed her arms as she gave the older woman a stern look. She need explanation from the sudden revelation of the prophecy. Taeyeon never spoke about it all this three years and now hearing about it made her feel bad for her aunt.

"what? Look I'm sorry for not telling you about it until now. I actually forgot that it was going to happen next month." The blonde woman reasoned. Chaeyoung released a sigh.

"It's fine okay. I just didn't know that you have gone through that shit."

"Now you pity me? How about treating me for dinner?" Taeyeon's eyes glimmer from the idea.

"You are filthy rich and now you are making pay for your lunch? Come on unnie shower me with your money be a good godmother." She retorted which made the older woman groaned. Playful Chaeyoung is better than the nosy one.

"Hmm okay you made a good act there so it's only fair to treat you." Taeng nodded to herself as she remembered Chaeyoung's very different expression.

"I don't know if I'll be happy about that unnie. Seeing her makes me want to run and hug her tight." She let out a sigh and leaned behind her.

"That's why I'm saying you made a good job in keeping it in. We must prevent the prophecy from happening again Chae. You will never want to witness those hell creatures ugh." She groaned in distaste. Chaeyoung chuckled and let her head rest on the older woman's shoulder. Taeyeon was one of the few people who made her life less painful. She made her feel reassured about her choice.

"Tiger is tired?" Taeng asked. Chaeyoung hums in reply.

"But unnie I'm curious. You have almost everything except the love of your life. Is there something you still wished for?" She asked feeling sleepy. Taeyeon paused and think about her question.

"Maybe the power to go back in time." She smiled to herself.

"Why?" Chaeyoung rose from her shoulder quite intrigued. 

"I want to go back way before the prophecy started. Maybe change things. Erase the tribes and make everyone equal. It's the power that made us greedy. The thought that we are superior than anyone." She smiled imagining the possibility of really doing that. Chaeyoung chuckled hearing such thing.

"That's a lot to do unnie." She lean back again.

"It's my little dream you know. Living a normal life without any big responsibility to carry and dying in age with the love of my life. A very impossible dream." There is a hint of sadness in her voice that Chae could notice. She felt pity for her unnie to bear those feelings for thousands of years. Being alone for three years was already difficult how much more being on the older woman's shoes.

"There's nothing wrong in having a dream unnie. I'll be your number one supporter." She cheered which made both of them laugh.

"Nah you will ditch me for Mina." Taeyeon scoffed.