Chapter 10: The Night

"Welcome to my dimension my dearest niece." Taeyeon smiled as she put her hands behind her. Her glowing golden eyes makes Chaeyoung felt like someone superior is staring at her. She looked around to witness a different place. The moon is bigger than the normal one and in front of them is a very big tree. Millions of fireflies swarm around it, lighting everything.

"Taengoo unnie..." She trailed. The reality is still processing in her mind. The one they are looking for is actually closer than they know.

"Before I answer your questions. I want to introduce myself properly." She took a step back and faced the younger girl properly. "I am Kim Taeyeon, the leader of the Sols and the council. I am also known as Night. Aged thousands years old so I stopped counting. The strongest Sol alive, sister of Kim Soeun and aunty of her daughter Son Chaeyoung."

"So you really are..."

"Yes I am the woman your team has been looking for." She nodded with still calmness in her voice. She took a step forward and offered her hand.

"I know who you are and what you can do. Read my past and see for yourself. I am not a bad person Chae." Chaeyoung looked down at the hand in front of her. Will she take it? what if it's a trap? There are doubts in her mind. She looked back at Taeyeon's face. Those kind and superior eyes looking back at her.

"Don't worry. Inside my domain, no one is allowed to die and fight so you are safe here." by her soft words, Chaeyoung decided to follow her instinct and that is to trust the girl. Lifting her arm she reached for Taeyeon's hand. Warm hand welcomed her. It was comforting and smooth.

"I'll trust you but don't you dare do something." She glared but instead of getting scared, Taeyeon just laughed and nodded. She raised her other free hand.

"Promise." She chuckled and Chaeyoung nod. Closing her eyes, she started to calm herself and focused on her ability. Blue irises welcomes Taeyeon when she open them again. Chaeyoung immediately drifted to the lane of memories.

...

Countless doors surrounded her but there is one different of them all. A pink door. Walking towards it, she felt a sudden surge emotion towards her. It wasn't hers but she knew it was coming there. Reaching the door, she pushed it open. A blinding light spreads in her vision.

"Taeyeon! Look it's the same color again!" A child with a beautiful eye smile along with a sharped eyed kid running around the pink ocean of flowers.

"Miyoung-ah stop running! I'm tired!" The kid Taeyeon complained trying to run after the energetic girl. Chaeyoung realized where she was. Based from their clothes, she knew it was Taeyeon's childhood.

"Aish why are you so weak?!" The slight taller girl named Miyoung goes back and holds her wrist to drag her towards the center of the flower field.

"I'm not! you're just so full of energy!"

The scene changed. This time it was night time with two teenage girls walking hand in hand. Taeyeon looks so serious and grumpy while the other girl is smiling so widely.

"Come on Taengoo we can just disguise ourselves right? I badly want to see the festival with you." Miyoung tried to persuade her with her smile. She knew the shorter woman can't say no to it.

"Miyoung father said it is dangerous for us. What if your eyes suddenly change? you can't still control your powers." Taeyeon shook her head in absolute refusal.

"What will happen? you are with me so everything is going to be fine! come on." She shook her shoulder repeatedly.

"Miyoung I said no."