Chapter 41: Awakened

An eerie air welcomes Mina when they all entered Hell. Hecate has brought them together with her and so that they can easily enter the place without a door. But the scene before them is not what she expected. Chaeyoung stood in front the Gods with unreadable expression. Her eyes glows in gold while her left one where the blue eye formerly rest is now in a intense gold. The aureole behind her was no longer to be seen. Instead, she could feel the tremendous power coming within the woman herself. 

Everything around her is destroyed and there was a big dent on the ground making it look like a crater of a volcano as the radiating heat coming from her surpasses thousands of Celsius. Nyx is holding her off with one hand. She was struggling to break free. Screaming like a mad woman. 

"We're too late. She's awakened. The aureole and her became one. She became the weapon itself." Hecate mumbled.

"What should we do?" Jihyo has a hunch on what happened. Looking that Taeyeon was no longer at sight. Something must've happened. The older woman won't leave Chaeyoung unless she needed to. 

"We have to suppress the aureole inside her or else she'll get consumed by it." Hecate casted a pentagram below Chaeyoung as large black chains came from it and started holding the younger woman down.

"Hecate." Nyx called after noticing the goddess.

"High goddess." Hecate shows some respect to the mother of darkness. "What happened here?" 

"The woman with her sacrificed herself for the chains to regenerate." She explained briefly. 

"So the grief made her awakened." Hecate let out a sigh. 

"But why is she like that?" Mina frowned. Worry in her tone.

"Taeyeon unnie was the one who revived her. If what I'm thinking is right... she's having a withdrawal." Jihyo answered.

"A revival gift. I see now that makes things clear. The aureole is keeping her alive but the power is too great her soul might fuse with it." The goddess of witchcraft added.

"This is not a matter of the Gods anymore. No one will help." Hades spoke in a now calmer tone. He seems to accept that the gate will no longer open and his plan with the devil fails. It may be better than letting the whole underworld wrapped in total darkness.

"I agree. This will be solely on her to survive." Nyx raised her hand as a black liquid fell from it and to the ground. "But she must not endanger any life." The black liquid encircled the pentagram. 

"Wait I'll go." Mina stood out. Her eyes showing her resolve. 

"She's clearly out of her mind. If you come near you might burn yourself descendant of Selene." Hecate warned.

"I'll die if she'll die." Mina's purple eyes didn't waver. 

"Mina..." Jihyo called. The two friends shared a look.