Chapter 23: Old Friend

A loud screech woke the sleeping girl from her deep slumber. She groaned in annoyance as she push herself up from the bed. Letting her eyes open, her vision is still blurry from the sleep so she rub it lightly. The first thing that welcomes her was her aunt packing her bag with clothes and stuff she does not know what for.

"Good morning my dearest!" Taeyeon greeted her with enthusiasm.

"What are you doing here unnie? and where is Somi?" She roam her eyes to look for the girl.

"Somi is preparing her own stuff. I'll be sending you two for a private mission." She finished packing and closed the zipper.

"And you didn't mention it yesterday." Chaeng groaned.

"Sorry tiger I somehow forgot about it until Jihyo called me this morning." She winked and approached the girl to pull up.

"Jihyo unnie? what for?" Chaeyoung frowned in confusion. This is new to her. She let Taeyeon drag her to the bathroom and handed her towel then push her inside.

"You'll be having a secret mission on the mountains. I'll explain after you change so hurry up." She grinned before closing the door to the bathroom. Chaeyoung was left with a still confused expression but she shrugged it off as she knew her unnie tends to be pushy sometimes.

After taking a bath, she changed to the clothes Taeyeon chose for her. She heard a knock on her door and immediately turn around only to see Somi peeking her head with a small smile tugged on her lips. Her friend let herself in without waiting for Chaeyoung which she always do. Chae doesn't mind though. She got used to the younger woman's presence already.

"Where's Taengoo unnie?" She asked.

"She said she have to do something urgent and that she'll leave the explaining to me." Somi walked behind her and started doing her hair.

"So where are we going?"

"Jihyo will send the address later."

"What will we do?"

"Hunt on the mountains."

"Huh? with whom?" It only made things sound fishy for her.

"Your friends." When Somi mentioned the word, Chaeng immediately turned around to face her. Eyes sending a serious look.

"What? we're really meeting them." Somi laughed. She knew the girl will be against it.

"Somi-ah you know that I can't be with them. Besides our parting isn't what-"

"Is that what you really think?" Jihyo suddenly popped up in the room like a ghost. Her eyes blue and cheerful as always. Chaeyoung was quite surprised but recovered as fast when she remembered what's her reason for appearing in front of her.

"Unnie! what the hell is happening? I thought you understood that I can't go back. Don't they hate me-" Jihyo interrupted her again.

"Stop thinking they hated you. Everyone was so excited to see you again you know. Akira wanted to smack you in the head for leaving her and her sister but everything is okay. No one hated you because they understand Chae. We're not some kids." Jihyo deadpan with and crossed her arms. Chaeyoung blinked slowly absorbing what she said.