𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

DEAN wound up turning the car around to check on Lucas. It was a good thing he did too, otherwise, Andrea Barr would have drowned in her bathtub. There was more to the story. Jake was involved. Lucas walked out of the house, leading Carter to a spot in the ground. He pointed at the covering moss and walked away.

Dean, Sam, and Carter dug up a red bike. Peter's red bike. "What the hell?" Carter whispered. A gun cocked and they turned around to see Jake. "How did you know that was there?" He questioned. "What happened? You and Bill killed Peter, drowned him in the lake, and then buried the bike? You can't bury the truth, Jake. Nothing stays buried." Dean told the sheriff. "I don't know what the hell you're talking about." He retorted. "You and Bill killed Peter Sweeney thirty-five years ago. That's what the hell I'm talking about." Dean scoffed.

"It's gonna take Andrea, Lucas, everyone you love. It's gonna drown them. And it's gonna drag their bodies God knows where, so you can feel the same pain Peter's mom felt. And then, after that, it's gonna take you, and it's not gonna stop until it does. Sir, you have to listen to us. It did the same thing to Bill Carlton. We need salt, matches, and Peter's remains. Then we'll get out of your little-to-none hair." Carter said. "Now tell me you buried Peter somewhere. Tell me you didn't just let him go in the lake." Dean hoped.

Jake looked at his daughter, who was begging him to tell the truth. He lowered his gun. "Billy and I were at the lake. Peter was the smallest one. We always bullied him, but this time, it got rough. We were holding his head under the water. We didn't mean to. But we held him under too long and he drowned. We let the body go, and it sank." He confessed.

"We need to go. Now!" Sam told them. "Lucas!" Andrea shouted. The boy was leaning over the lake when he was suddenly pulled in. Carter, while running, discarded her coat and shoes. She threw herself into the dark water and looked around eagerly for bubbles or anything. She heard splashing from Sam and Dean jumping in. When she couldn't handle being underwater, she came up for a gasp of air. Jake was walking into the water from the side. "Jake, no!" Sam shouted. "Peter. Lucas-he's, he's just a little boy. Please, it's not his fault, it's mine. Please take me." Jake begged.

A boy rose next to Carter, pale with algae on his face, and looked at Jake. "Peter, please don't do this." She begged. The boy went back under and soon, Jake was gone. Carter went back under for Lucas and finally spotted his red hair glistening. With the help of Dean, they pulled him from the water.
-

The trio returned to their motel room and took showers before deciding to sleep the night off and hit the road the next day. Carter decided to sleep on the couch, still upset with Dean. Sam was on his laptop when Dean's light snores began. "Are you sure you don't wanna sleep here?" Sam questioned. Carter poured bourbon into a glass. "I'm a cuddler and I'm not gonna-" Carter began. "No bother. Carter, I'm fine." He assured.

"Sam---"

"I'll pick you up myself," Sam warned. She walked over and he scooted over. "You're freezing." Sam snickered. "Oh, shut up." Carter replied, nudging his shoulder with hers. "Emailing your Stanford friends?" She wondered. Sam nodded. "How is everyone?" She continued. "Good, I guess. They're worried about me." Sam told her. "I am too, Sammy." She sighed. Sam shut his laptop and laid down. She laid her head on her pillow and they looked at one another.

"I can tell you anything, right?" He checked. Carter nodded. "I miss Jess more than anything, y'know? I mean it's like a hole in my heart. I---She was the one, Carter. She was. This is just--really hard." He said, looking at his hands. Tears formed and Carter pulled him closer. Sam's head rested under Carter's chin and she comforted him by tracing circles on his back. Sam soon fell asleep and Carter was left with her own thoughts to fall asleep to.

𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆

"Rise and shine," Dean shouted, clapping his hands over Carter and Sam's ears. Carter sat up quickly, making Sam groan when he hit the mattress. Carter helped Dean pack the car and got into the passenger seat when Andrea and Lucas approached the brothers. Lucas waved at Carter. "Hey, kiddo!" She greeted, opening the car door. He ran over and handed her a tray of sandwiches. "Thank you for this, Lucas." She smiled, putting it down next to her. She got out of the car and hugged the boy, then approached Andrea.

"I'm sorry for your loss, Andrea." She said. "Don't worry about it. You saved my son. I can't ask for more than that. Dad loved me. He loved Lucas. No matter what he did, I just have to hold on to that." She told her. Sam went to go check on Dean and Lucas and Andrea moved beside Carter. "So, what's going on here?" She asked. "Huh?"

"I don't know. A big pile of awkward. Dean got on my nerves so I slept with him--not like that! I went to sleep next to Sam instead of with him so now Dean is being a bitch." Carter explained. "So he's jealous? Hmph. Okay." Andrea cleared her throat and told Sam to come over. She then placed Sam's arm over Carter's shoulder and walked over to the vehicle to "grab Lucas," which means she went to lead Dean's attention to the pair.

Dean stiffened his shoulders. "Sam, move your ass. We're gonna run out of daylight before we hit the road." He demanded, getting into his car and starting the engine. Sam shook his head and smiled, then got into the backseat. "Bye, Andrea." Carter hugged the lady and patted Lucas's shoulder, then got into the black car.

"Dean-" Sam began. "So are you two a thing now or...?" His brother asked. "Why does it matter, Dean?" Carter replied. "It doesn't. I'm just asking."

"No. We aren't. Cut your jealousy act." Carter told him. "I'm not jealous," Dean mumbled. "Really? Okay good. Sam, can I bunk with you next night?" She asked. Dean gripped the steering wheel. Sam laughed. "Yeah, I don't mind." He replied. "Absolutely not." Dean shook his head. Carter turned up the radio and pulled Dean's sunglasses off of the dashboard.

Love in an elevator
Livin' it up when I'm goin' down
Love in an elevator