𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

CARTER sat on Sam's lap, facing him with a pair of scissors. Dean was in the other room, showering. "Just a little snip." She told Sam. "I really don't need a haircut." He sighed. Carter ran her hand through his thick locks. "You definitely do." She told him with a smile. "You haven't given me a haircut in--- what? A year? What if you mess it up?" He frowned. "At least you're pretty." She joked. Sam rolled his eyes. "A little snip." He agreed.

She raised the scissors and grabbed the comb beside her, combing hair in front of his head. Sam closed his eyes. "What are you, a barber?" Dean's voice said behind the two. "Nope, last time I checked, I was a Hunter." She retorted, cutting a piece of his hair. Sam grabbed it and frowned like a sad puppy.

"That's the sex lips," Dean commented. "What?! Dean, we are just friends. Now go put clothes on and stop standing there, Tarzan wore more clothes than you." Carter told him. "Yes, ma'am." Dean scoffed. She began to work on Sam's hair again.

Once finished, Carter smirked proudly and ruffled it up. "Look at you, lookin' like a golden retriever." She remarked. "Thanks, Carter." He laughed, kissing her forehead. She got up and put the stuff away, then cleaned up his hair.

-

-

"I never knew I was a babysitter until now."

Carter helped Dean into their motel room, sitting him down on his bed. He was completely wasted and Sam was on a beer/dinner/grocery run. "Let's watch Scooby-Doo." Dean smiled, grabbing the remote from the nightstand. "Give me your keys, Dean." She sighed. "Where we goin'? The highway? I heard life is a highway... Get it?" He laughed, imitating the guitar chords of "Life is A Highway" by Rascal Flatts.

"Yeah, I get it. I just want your keys so you don't go runnin' while I shower." She explained. "Can I join? Wait, no. You're Sammy's and that'd be considered inappropriate. Bad Dean. But then again, you're really pretty and technically you and Sam aren't together, so sure, why not?" He rambled. "No. You're gonna sit in here and watch cartoons until you get a headache." Carter laughed. He handed her his keys. "Treat Baby well." He said firmly.

"I'm not going anywhere." She repeated, walking to the nightstand to grab pajamas. Dean grabbed her by the hand. "No, wait. Don't. What if a demon grabs you and I'm on my ass out here?" He frowned. "I'm a big girl, I can handle it," Carter replied. "...Can I shower before you, then?" He asked. "Dean, you can barely walk." She told him. "You can monitor me." He smirked.

She sat in the sink with her head in her hands as she listened to make sure Dean didn't fall. He would occasionally sway and tell her he was going to fall, but didn't. When he finished, she handed her clothes and a towel and walked out.

When Carter was done with her shower and exiting the bathroom, she found Dean still standing by his bed. "Ladies first." He told her. "Dean, I told you to go to bed." She groaned. He held out an arm to the bed and she got under the cover. He laid down beside her and began closing his eyes.

-

It was just one of those nights for Carter. A night where she was deep into thought and not really present. She was sitting on a sheet in a field, wrapped in a jean jacket and a comforter she "borrowed." Her arms were folded on top of her knees and she stared at the trees, zoned out.

"What's goin' on, man?" Dean asked Sam quietly, putting his beer down on the hood of Baby. "I don't know... Cmon." Sam mumbled, walking over to her. He sat down beside her and nudged his shoulder to hers. "You okay?" He asked. She inhaled sharply and turned to look at him. "Mhm." She replied. Dean sat down on the other side of her. "I got you a beer." He offered.

"Watcha thinkin' about?" Sam questioned as she took the beer thankfully. "Sex, drugs, alcohol, college, death---Usual things." She lied partially. "Sex?" Dean smirked. She cracked a smile. "I hate you." She said jokingly. "Love you too." He responded.

"I've been thinking about the future. Y'know, I had something going for me. I had college and friends. I thought I'd fall in love, get married, move somewhere, have a dog-- Maybe an Australian Shepherd -- and a life. Now, it just feels like..." She trailed off.

"We've got here and now. Us. Beer. A field. Whatever happens, happens." Dean said. "That's not comforting at all, thank you." Carter laughed. "It's not too late. We can always bring you back to Cali--" Sam began. "I'd rather get eaten alive by worms." His friend interrupted.

The group burst out laughing.

-

"Carter!" Dean shouted. Carter sat up, cracking her back and looking around. She zoned out in her book, replaying memories. "Find anything?" Bobby questioned. She groaned and put the book on her face.