𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

IT'S been 5 months since they put Alexis to rest. Dean and Carter resumed their close bond and everything felt as normal as it was before. Carter and Sam found out they were sharing similar dreams, but Carter chose to ignore hers. It scared her. She'd wake up with a tight chest and dry throat at times. Dean was worried about her.

There'd be times he'd wake up and feel empty sheets beside him and she'd be outside with a bottle of beer. Sometimes she'd squeeze onto him too hard and he'd wake up confused. She never talked about it. Carter preferred to ignore it all.

She couldn't run forever.

𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐋

Carter woke up to Sam shaking her intensely. He threw a pillow at Dean and resumed packing a bag. "We have to go. Now." Sam told them. "What? Why?" Carter muttered, rubbing her eyes. She let go of Dean and sat up. "Someone's dying, okay?! Let's just go." Sam put his stuff in the trunk of the Impala and Carter grabbed her bag.

-

"McReady. Detective McReady. Badge number 158. I've got a signal 480 in progress, I need the registered owner of a two-door sedan, Michigan license plate Mary-Frank-six-zero-three-seven. Yeah ok, just hurry." Sam hung up his phone. "Something trapped a man in a car. He breathed in too much exhaust. Can you drive any faster, Dean?" He explained. "Sammy relax. I'm sure it's just a nightmare. Y'know, a normal, everyday, naked-in-class, nightmare. This license plate, won't check out. You'll see." Dean shrugged.

"Dean, speed up," Carter instructed. "What? You're on this too?" He scowled. She nodded, sitting back in her seat. She had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. Her head began hurting and she clenched it, groaning as it felt like millions of bombs exploded in her head. "Carter?! Carter, come on now." Dean glanced back at her. "Carter, what's happening?" Sam questioned.

"Drive!" She shouted before flashes of an unconscious man and ambulances took over her eyes. Her head ached by the time the short vision was done. "I think we're too late." She told Sam. The car sped up.

When they got there, there was a body bag and stretcher outside of the garage. People gathered to find out what happened. Carter jumped out of the Impala and approached the crowd. "What happened?" She asked a lady. "Suicide. Saw him every Sunday at St Augustine's. He always seems...seemed, so normal. I guess you never know what's going on behind closed doors." The woman replied. "I guess so," Dean mumbled, staring ahead. "How are they saying it happened?" Sam frowned. "I heard they found him in the garage, locked inside his car with the engine running." She replied.

Carter, Sam, and Dean looked at one another. "Do you know about what time they found him?" Sam asked. "Oh, it just happened about an hour or two ago. His poor family. I can't even imagine what they're going through." The lady walked away after that. Sam and Carter watched the family on the home's doorstep. "We got here as fast as we could," Dean told his brother. "Not fast enough. It doesn't make any sense man. Why would I even have these premonitions if there wasn't a chance I could stop them from happening?" Sam wondered. Dean shrugged. "So what do you think killed him?" Carter asked.

"Maybe the guy just killed himself? Maybe there's nothing supernatural going on at all." Dean replied. "I'm telling you, I watched it happen. He was murdered by something Dean. I watched it trap him in the garage." Sam told his brother. "We'll do some research. We'll figure it out." Carter assured. "You look like crap," Dean told Sam. "Thanks, man." Sam scoffed.

The next day, Sam and Dean went to the Miller's home (dressed as priests) to find out more information on the man who died. Carter stayed back to find out any family information. Jim Miller had a brother, Roger, and a son named Max. He was married. Apparently, he was like every other picket fence family. He was supposedly happy with everything. So why would he kill himself?

Sam and Dean walked in. "Nothing," Dean told Carter. "Nothing bad has happened in the Miller house since it was built. No cold spots, sulfur scent. Nada." He continued, sinking onto the bed. "So everything was normal?" She sighed. "Well, if there was a demon or poltergeist in there you think somebody would have noticed something? I used the infer-red thermal scanner, and there was nothing."Dean explained. He closed his eyes and crossed his arms. "There's something going on. It can't be a coincidence, can it?" Carter looked at Sam. He rubbed his temples, hissing in pain. "Sam?" Dean and Carter ran to his side as he collapsed.

He had never had a vision while awake before. It's painful, worse than Carter could have described. "Something's gonna kill Roger Miller." He told them, redirecting his focus.

𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓

"Roger, come on! You're in danger!" Carter told him, banging on his door. She heard the lock click and Sam dragged the group around back to the staircase. Carter handed them gloves, knowing it'd be easier to hide fingerprints. They ran up to the fire escape and heard a bone-rattling snap and what sounded like a car going over a puddle on a rainy day. They sprinted up to Roger's window and found his head in a flower bed with blood all over his window. Dean threw his gloves off. "Damn it."

Carter opened the window slightly. "Stay here." She told the boys, crawling into the room. She walked around the house, hairs pricking on the back of her neck. She felt a hand grab onto her shoulder and spun around. Sam stared at her. "Something's here, right?" He asked. Carter nodded. "Vengeful spirit? Maybe it's like Peter Sweeney." She murmured. "Maybe." He sighed. "Come on, let's go."

She climbed out and he followed.