𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

MISSOURI was apparently John Winchester's friend. No, not the place. Missouri is a psychic. Carter walked into the building to meet the lady with Sam and Dean, not knowing what she soon finds out. The shop looked like every cliche psychic gig but had actual protection symbols on the walls and animal bones on shelves. Kind of creepy.

The lady walked out while escorting a man to the door. She lied to him, but perhaps that's for the best. She turned to the three. "Sam and Dean Winchester and Carter Branch! Come on already, I ain't got all day." Missouri told them, walking into another room. "Well, lemme look at ya. Oh, you boys grew up handsome. And you were one goofy-lookin' kid, too." Missouri said, pointing a finger at Dean. He glared and Sam smirked. "Sam. Oh, honey...I'm sorry about your girlfriend." Missouri frowned. Carter raised her eyebrows.

"And you! Little lady, you don't have to worry about nothin, now do you? Your daddy's fine and at peace, I'm sure...Mr. Branch was a good man...Cheating bastard, though." She muttered. "I'm sorry?" Carter scoffed. "Yeah! He didn't tell you? Figures. He cane runnin' to me to find out who the baby mama was. I'm so sorry for your loss, hon." Missouri told her. "My mom and I were close." Carter stuttered. Missouri scratched the back of her head. "What?" Carter frowned. "Well, that was baby mama #2. Your real mom died when you were 6 months old. Killed by a nasty ol' monster. The same thing that killed Sam and Dean's mom." Missouri told her.

Carter felt like a brick crushed her chest. "Sit down, go ahead. Dean, go get this poor girl some water." The psychic demanded. Sam helped Carter to the couch and they sat down. Dean came back with a small paper cup of water and handed it to her. "Now you better start treatin' this lady right, you hear me?" Missouri glared at the boy. "And your father -- he's missin'?" She asked Sam. He nodded. "Well, where is he? Is he okay?" Dean asked.

"I don't know. Boy, you see me sawin' some bony tramp in half? You think I'm a magician? I may be able to read thoughts and sense energies in a room, but I can't just pull facts out of thin air." Missouri snapped. Dean sat down. "Boy, you put your foot on my coffee table, I'm 'a whack you with a spoon!" She threatened. "I didn't do anything!" Dean defended. "You were thinkin' it!" Missouri remarked. "Okay. So, our dad -- when did you first meet him?" Sam asked.

Carter wanted to cry. Her chest was tight and felt like a wrung-out towel. She felt alone, despite sitting in between her two friends. She had lost her birth mother and her other mother, who cared for her and her father. Carter felt guilty for not being able to remember her mother, even though she was only a newborn.

"Honey, you have nothin' to feel sorry about," Missouri assured her. Carter looked up at the woman. "You were a tiny little thing. There ain't no way you'd wanna remember what happened that night your momma died anyway..." The psychic continued. "So...you think somethin' is back in that house?" She asked the boys. Sam nodded. "I haven't been back inside, but I've been keepin' an eye on the place, and it's been quiet. No sudden deaths, no freak accidents. Why is it actin' up now?" She sighed.

"I don't know. But Dad going missing and Jessica dying and now this house all happening at once -- it just feels like something's starting." Sam told her. "That's a comforting thought," Dean remarked.

-

The group walked outside. Sam and Dean got into the car first while Carter helped Missouri. "I'll give that boy a whoopin' for that," Missouri whispered. "It's okay. He's still my friend." Carter mumbled. "Honey, you gotta stomp that foot down until you break some concrete." Missouri shook her head. Carter opened the car door and closed it for her, then got into the seat beside her.

𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄

"Sam, Dean, Carter. What are you doing here?" Jenny greeted, holding her son. "Hey, Jenny. This is our friend, Missouri. If it's not too much trouble, we were hoping to show her the old house. You know, for old time's sake." Sam said. "You know, this isn't a good time. I'm kind of busy." Jenny sighed. "Listen, Jenny, it's important." Dean started. Missouri slapped the back of his head. "Give the poor girl a break, can't you see she's upset? Forgive this boy, he means well, he's just not the sharpest tool in the shed, but hear me out." Missouri asked. "About what?" Jenny frowned.

"About this house. You think there's something in this house, something that wants to hurt your family. Am I mistaken?" Missouri questioned. "Who are you?" Jenny looked at the four people on her doorstep. "We're people who can help, who can stop this thing. But you're gonna have to trust us, just a little. " Missouri replied.

That was all it took for Missouri, Sam, Dean, and Carter to end up in Sari's room. Dean grabbed Carter's hand suddenly, seeking comfort as his heart pounded in his chest. "If there's a dark energy around here, this room should be the center of it," Missouri told them. "Why?" Sam picked up a stuffed animal. "This used to be your nursery, Sam. This is where it all happened." Missouri told him. Sam glanced at the ceiling.

"I don't know if you boys should be disappointed or relieved, but this ain't the thing that took your mom." The lady told them. "How do you know?" Sam questioned. "It isn't the same energy I felt the last time I was here. It's somethin' different." She answered. "What is it?" Carter squeezed Dean's hand harder. "Not it. Them. There's more than one spirit in this place and they're here because of what happened to your family. You see, all those years ago, real evil came to you. It walked this house. That kind of evil leaves wounds. And sometimes, wounds get infected." She told the boys.

"I'm confused," Sam muttered. "This place is a magnet for paranormal energy. It's attracted a poltergeist. A nasty one. And it won't rest until Jenny and her babies are dead." Missouri continued. "Well, one thing's for damn sure -- nobody's dyin' in this house ever again. So whatever is here, how do we stop it?" Dean asked.