𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

WHILE Sam and Bobby handled the situation, Carter was left to babysit Dean...again. They were cuddled up on the couch and watching Gumby. Dean liked cartoons, which was sad but sweet. Carter's guess was that he liked them because it's an attachment to childhood. She never said anything because she enjoyed Scooby-Doo, but when he watched other ones she connected the dots.

His head was on her lap and he faced the TV while she played with his hair and massaged his head, easing some of the pain he forgot he had. Her other hand was placed on his arm, tracing circles with her thumb. Dean turned off the TV when Pokey began getting dragged by a car and he turned around to look up at Carter. His hand cupped her cheek and he smiled. "Y'know, we don't hang out that much anymore." He murmured. "I know. I'm sorry, Dean. But we'll have forever, hm?" She smiled a bit and he nodded.

"Forever with you doesn't seem too bad." He told her, raising his eyebrows.

" He told her, raising his eyebrows

Carter chuckled and he sat up. Dean faced his friend and they locked eyes, slowly beginning to close the gap between them, when Dean's phone rang. "What?" Dean asked his brother, annoyed by the interruption. "Hey! So, uh, just ride out the trip, okay? You're -- you're gonna be fine. We got a plan." Sam assured. He hung up after, which didn't help Dean at all.

"Saved by your phone, huh?" Carter muttered. Dean stood up abruptly. He stared at the door like he had seen a ghost. The doorknob began rattling and Dean ducked behind a chair. "They're here," Dean yelled. The door opened and the sheriff entered with wild eyes. He raised a gun between Carter and Dean. "Why are you looking into Luther Garland's death? Frank O'Brien was my friend. So he made a mistake. So I didn't bust him. So what? And you're gonna bring me down over that?! No, sir." He shouted, throwing a punch at Dean. Carter caught his hand. "You're sick. You're sick, all right? Dean's sick too." She told him.

But the Sheriff wasn't taking it. He punched her with his other arm, the butt of his gun nearly knocking her jaw out of place. He attacked Dean next, cornering him against the wall. Carter took a gun from the bedside table and cocked it. The noise took the sheriff by surprise, giving Dean time to grab his gun from his hand. "Get away from me!" The sheriff yelled, falling onto the ground. "Al, you got to calm down!" Dean shouted.

Sheriff Branton gripped his heart and gasped, slowly letting go of his last breath.

Carter closed and locked the door. Dean was on the bed and gripping a Bible when she returned. "Dean-- Dean, whatever you're hearing...whatever you're seeing...it's not real," Carter told him. "Don't let her take me, Carter, don't you let her take me." He begged. "No! You're not real! You are not real." Dean scrambled up from the bed, staring at a corner. He began clutching his heart and fell to the ground, trying to yell at a hallucination. His friend fell to his side. "I'm right here. I'm right here. Dean, you aren't gonna leave me. I'm not leaving you, so don't you dare leave me. I'm here." Carter told him. Dean inhaled sharply, his eyes widening and his heart coming to a stop.

Carter waited for the light in his eyes to stop fading. "Dean?" She questioned.

She placed a kiss on his forehead and held his body close to hers until a sudden gasp erupted from Dean. He coughed and relaxed into her grip.

𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐃𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄

"Well, uh, I'm alive... Go, team!" Dean remarked, standing next to his brother and Carter. They were hanging out with Bobby and catching up with beers and sodas. "How you feeling, by the way?" Sam frowned. "Fine." Dean shrugged. "You sure, Dean? 'Cause this line of work can get awful scary." Bobby frowned. "I'm fine. You want to go hunting? I'll hunt. I'll kill anything." Dean challenged.

"Awwww, he's adorable. I got to get out of here. You boys drive safe." Bobby sighed. "Bye, Bobby. You too." Carter told him. He got in the car and drove off. "You can babysit next time." Carter groaned, looking at Sam. "What? No! You're a great babysitter." Dean smirked.

"You're a pain in the ass." Carter insulted. Sam wrapped his arm around her shoulder and Dean's face dropped for a split second. "Yeah yeah... I saw we find a burger place, grab a couple of beers, and call it a day." He said, getting into the Impala. Carter walked around to the passenger side and got in.

𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐋

"Here I go again on my own!" Dean shouted, swaying back and forth with his arm around Carter and a beer in the other hand. "Goin' down the only road I've ever known." His friend slurred. Sam mimicked air drums. "Like a drifter, I was booooorn to walk alooooon---nuh." His brother continued. "Come on, Sammy!" He encouraged. "An' I've made up my mind," Sam sighed.

"I ain't wasting no more time--- Everyone now!" Dean instructed.