𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

CARTER cocked her gun. "You son of a fucking bitch." She yelled. Sam pulled the gun from her hand and invited Bela in. Carter and Dean paced around the lady. "I hate this. I hate her." Carter told Sam, who ignored her. " I sold it. I had a buyer lined up as soon as I knew it existed." Bela told them. "So the whole reason for us going to the charity ball was...?" Sam trailed off.

"I don't give two shits. Go buy back the hand if you need it so badly. I couldn't care less, to be honest." Carter snapped. "It's halfway across the ocean. I can't get it back in time. I saw the ship." Bela mumbled. Carter smiled in satisfaction.

"Wow, you know, I - I knew you were an immoral thieving con artist bitch, but just when I thought my opinion of you couldn't get any lower- Who'd you kill, Bela? Hm?" Dean asked. "We figured out the spirit's motive. He's going after a very specific kind of target - people who've spilled their own family's blood. See first there was Sheila who killed her cousin in the car accident, and the Warren brothers, who murdered their father for the inheritance. And now you." Sam explained.

"Who'd you kill, B? A sibling? A distant relative?" Carter guessed. "It's none of your business." She scowled. "Well, have a nice life - you know, whatever's left of it. Let's go, guys." Dean smiled. He patted Bela's back and grabbed his jacket. "You can't just leave me here," Bela whined. "You're lucky Sam took my gun or us leaving you here would be the least of your worries," Carter told her, walking out of the house. She waited in the Impala until Dean stormed into the car. "We have to save her ass." He muttered.

𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐘𝐀𝐑𝐃

"Aziel, Castiel, Lamisniel, Rabam.Ehrley, et balam, ego vos conuro, per deum verum, per deum vivum cuivos cuiaves eos supermontes et per eum, qui adam, et avum formovit. Et per eum," Sam chanted. A ritual was set up in front of him. Though it began to rain heavily, he continued. "Dean, behind you!" Carter warned. The phantom threw Dean into a gravestone and tossed Carter alongside him. Bela began coughing up water and Dean staggered over to her to help.

Sam read faster and soon enough, the ghost's brother joined him. The man charged at him, making them both dissolve into screams and crash onto the ground as water.

𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐀𝐋𝐀

"She really gave us 15k instead of a thank you." Carter scoffed. "She's damaged but hey, we're going to Atlantic City!" Dean laughed joyfully. "Hey listen, I've been doing some thinking. Um ... I want you to know I understand why you did it. I understand why you went after the crossroads demon. You know, the situation was reversed, I guess I'd've done the same thing. I mean I'm not blind, I see what you're going through with this whole deal, me going away and all that. But you're gonna be okay. Yeah, you'll keep hunting, y'know, you live your life. You and Carter'll have little snotty kids and a golden retriever, probably... You're stronger than me. You'll get over it. But I want you to know I'm sorry, I'm sorry for... putting you through all this, I am. I'm sorry for putting you both through this." Dean apologized.

At that moment, it truly hit Carter that he would be dying. Her heart snapped like a gentle twig being stepped on by a hunter, about to ruin the stick's home. Her eyes watered and she looked out the window beside her. "You know what, Dean? Go screw yourself. I don't want an apology from you! And by the way, I'm a big boy now, I can take care of myself. So would you please quit worrying about me? I mean that's the whole problem in the first place. I don't want you to worry about me, Dean, I want you to worry about you! I want you to give a crap that you're dying and you're leaving your brother and your best friend." Sam shouted.

"You didn't even try," Carter whispered from the backseat, making Sam's head snap. "You didn't try to save yourself, Dean. This is worse than suicide. You didn't even try to change anything, you sat back and accepted it. You're a fucking dick. I've been trying to ignore this whole situation because I thought maybe you'd start giving a damn and help yourself but I can't pretend anymore. You're already one foot into the grave, so it's your decision if you wanna get a stepping stool and get out or bury yourself." Carter told Dean.

He was quiet and began smirking. "Atlantic City."

Carter scowled and resumed staring out of the rainy window.

-

"Alright, pee break," Dean announced, parking at a gas station. He asked Sam to put gas in the car and walked inside. Carter got out and stood beside Sam. "Stop growing, dude." She told him. He chuckled. "You're shrinking." He remarked.

Sam handed her some money to go buy snacks for the road and she walked inside. Carter grabbed their snacks and drinks and waited for the cashier to ring up the items. "Carter Branch, right?" The guy asked. "How'd you--?"

The guy flashed his black eyes and Carter backed up. "You wanna save Dean? You know what to do." He told her. Carter was about to respond until Dean walked back out. "Cash or card?" The cashier smiled.

After paying, Carter joined the others back in the car. She handed them their food and sat back down. "

𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐃𝐒

It was night. They stopped in a field to get some sleep, but Carter decided to do otherwise. She stood in the middle of four roads, waiting for the new Crossroad Demon. "Hiya." A woman greeted, bright red eyes apparent. The lady had messy, short blonde hair. She was around Dean's height. Carter paused. "What do I have to do to save Dean?"

"Ugh didn't Sam already try this? You can't. You just can't. Anything else?" She groaned. "Yeah. What's gonna happen to Dean in Hell?" Carter asked. "He'll be a chew toy to the biggest baddest doggie out there. He'll probably beg for something worse than death." She smirked.

"Can I take his place?"