𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

No one truly understood what had happened except for Castiel. It was a secret between the two. Something only they would know. For now.

This is the story of a new angel. A story of a girl who has been through hell and back. She witnessed her father's mental health decline and the death of her family as she knows it.

You all may know her as Carter Branch. A girl with a short temper, a loyal personality, and yet the most selfless person the Winchester boys have ever known. She wore a sparkle in her eyes since she met Sam. When she met Dean, yet another sparkle collided with Sam's in her eyes. They were the sparks in her life. They hung the moon and stars, though she tries to conceal this from the boys.

Her world was doomed from the start.

Born into a dysfunctional family, Carter had to face the true fears kids only imagined were true. The monsters under their beds seemed temporary. Some have been cursed with them till the end of time. There have been people who have lost their heads over them. They were thrown in mental hospitals because of their dead aunt in their closet. The man followed them in their shadow. No one believed them. No one wanted to believe them.

Perhaps it's true. Perhaps ignorance is bliss.

Carter learned that she had no choice but to learn of these monsters. It wasn't her decision after all.

These secrets were her burden.

Sam was the first person to understand her. To take her and hold her in his arms. He was the first non-related person she could trust with her life. For a long time, Carter believed they were meant to be. Platonic soulmates.

Until she met Dean. He was a challenge. He was a flirt. He was someone she could picture herself laying in the sun with while their bodies were intertwined.

The Winchesters changed Carter and prepared her for the difficult challenges that could come.

Love.

Loss.

And gain.

They prepared her to fly.

And now she was ready to leave their arms. She was ready to lead her own life.

Carter now had a sense of purpose. Of responsibility.

After all, what is an angel without a purpose?

She carried the weight of the world on her winged shoulders with pride.

After finishing her final mission with the Winchesters, she knew she'd be ready to begin a new chapter. Her chapter.

And Anna knew that too. Yes, this redhead knew she was an angel. She was one herself.

It was difficult at first, but over time she realized the possibilities she had.

She had torn out her grace and became human, leading Carter to believe she had to be mental. This was a great gift in her own mind. Why wasn't it the same for everyone else? Does it get worse?

Carter stepped out of the basement where the panic room Bobby had constructed was. She crossed her arms and waited for her boys to join her. "Spooky, huh?" Bobby asked. "Yup." The girl replied. "What's your plan now, Branch?" He questioned.

"I want to see the world. It's a new day. A new start. I think I deserve it after everything. I promised Dad I'd visit the world." Carter answered. "He'd be proud... When do you plan on leaving?" Bobby frowned.

"Soon. Sooner than later. This isn't a goodbye. It's a see you soon."