Chapter 3

EMERALDS POV

** Have a seat Ms. Jones..** ..."Thank you very much" ....** So tell me a bit about you, you don't sound American nor do I recognize your accent..

" Okay well I'm Emerald Jones, I'm 25 years old and I recently moved here from the Caribbean, my country is called St. Vincent and the Grenadines and I am a Vincentian so that's why you don't recognize my accent. I graduated top of my classes with a Bachelor Degree in business and I intend to further that and do my Masters Degree here while I work."

** What made you want to be someone's Personal Assistant?**

" Well I am a very organized person... I like keeping things in order and well put together, I like efficiency as well as proficiency and professionalism at all times in my day to day life, I am also very hard working and super dedicated. So I am certain I will be able to manage someones schedule immaculately."

I watch as he rests back in his chair as if digesting what I've said and looking at me as though his mind is going a million miles a minute. He traces his chin  and looks at me thoughtfully as though calculating something. He got up and went to the end of table and got a blank piece of paper and a pen and began writing.

** I'd like you to write for me what you think the best solution to the scenario I wrote down would be... you have 2 minutes to read it and 8 minutes to write the answer**... " are you the interviewer? because this really feels like an interview" ... ** Not exactly Ms. Jones... as I said I'm a manager and I'd just like to know what you are bringing to the table.**

I skim through the scenario and begin writing the solution I think is best for it and when I'm finished I hand it back to him.. He reads it and laughs ** oh my Ms. Jones this is actually perfect** ...." then why did you laugh?"... ** I'm sorry if I offended you, I laughed because I have been going about in circles about this for about 2 weeks now and you've solved it in 6 minutes flat... I am simply laughing at myself**

A phone rings in the distance... ** Excuse me Ms. Jones** He leaves and closes the door behind him.