Chapter 5

EMERALDS' POV ( Her apartment complex shown above ) (The middle one, top floor)

I make my way out the elevator, I think that went well... " so you're the first candidate that ran amok before I got here"... I look up to see who I assume to be the Receptionist glaring at me from her desk.. I'm not really the type of person to back down from someone especially when I know I am in the right.

I walk closer to her desk and give a friendly smile... " Hi I'm Ms. Jones and I have an uncanny habit of being on time for everything... it's nice to meet you.. have yourself a very lovely day and weekend".... I didn't wait for her to answer and went along my way feeling her burn holes in my back.

.... I head straight back to my apartment to call my mom.. I have a good feeling about this job and I really hope I get it. I don't even bother changing as I walk into my living room I place my bag on the table and fish for my phone and Whatsapp Video call my mom.

(Please note the following phone conversation may have broken English.. it is not due to error but speaking in the dialect of the country she is from)

"Emmy!"

** Hello Mother**

"What's up? how was yo job interview today? how it go gal?"

** Well I think it went real well, they said they would be in touch to let me know if I get it or not so I have me fingers crossed**

" Emmy yo know me always tell you to pray about things and have faith, what is for you in life yo go get it."

** Yes mother.. anyway what's up with you? how you doing and how work ah go?**

" Meh.. same old same old... I good.. miss me one God given child and work ah work" I laugh a little at that.

** I miss you too Ma... you know once everything is settled you can come visit me any time..**

" Yeah me know, don't fret yourself, you just take care of yourself up there... you know America is not like down here in the Caribbean.. look after yo self good ah beg yo.."

** I know Ma... where I'm living is in a safe place so I'm okay don't worry yo self too much mon..**

" Okay good, well I going finish cooking okay... we go talk later... take care ah yo self I love you"

**... I love you too Ma and you do the same...tell Ms. Jacobs I said howdy!...**

I hang up

I have a shower and put on my shorts and t-shirt that reads "Vincy 2 d bone" and go to the kitchen to make myself something to eat... I settle for Pelau.. its quick and easy to make...

I hear my phone ringing as I'm about to have a taste of my pot, I turn the stove down and answer.

" Hello Emerald speaking"

** Hello Ms. Jones this is Michael from Perry Corp, just calling to inform you that you where selected to fill the position of Mr. Perrys' Personal Assistant...**

.........( Silence )..............

**Ms. Jones?....**..... " Oh my gossshhhhhhh! I squeal... thank you so much Michael!... ahem I compose myself... Thank you for giving me  this opportunity sir I will do my very best.. when do I begin?" I'm sure I heard someone snicker in the background

**haha you can begin on Monday morning... Mr. Perry gets to his office at 7:50 AM every day... tomorrow you will receive a laptop as well as a cell phone for professional use only, so we can be in touch with you whenever needed.. you will also receive Mr. Perrys' schedule for the week so you can familiarize yourself with it.**

** Do you have any questions or queries Ms. Jones? **

" Yes! how does Mr. Perry like his coffee? also where are his go to places to eat if in the event I have to order or pick him up anything"

(In the background) ** wow... did not see that coming** followed by hushed conversations and whispering

** Okay Ms. Jones as of right now you don't need to worry about that, seeing as you are new to the area you'd learn that part as you go along okay... anything else?**

" No sir that will be all.. "

** Good, see you on Monday morning... ah yes the laptop will have your work email set up on it already when it arrives tomorrow... Have a good afternoon.

The line goes dead.

(Kart wheel!) I got the job!... Oh shit!! my food