Chapter 26

Romeo's POV

I spent the rest of the afternoon into the night brooding.... she's tried talking to me and I know it's frustrating her that I seem to be stand off ish but I'm just trying to gather my thoughts... I plugged up the Mobile Wifi Jack so she could do some work as I promised... she's currently in her room working while I'm staring mindlessly out the window.

Eventually I decide to go check on her before heading to bed...I knock and there's no response... I knock again and still nothing... I decide to open and call out to her but still no response... I stick my head inside to find her passed out on the chair in a rather uncomfortable position...

I quietly go over to her and pick her up bridal style to take her to her bed... she smells so heavenly... I bring my face closer to her neck and take a deep breath.... **mmmmmm** I slowly put her down and cover her then quietly exit the room.

Why does this woman turn me on so? without even trying!

(At some point later)

whispering " Romeo!..... Romeo wake up!.... Romeo....! " Smack!! ** Owww! **.... "shhhhhh" .... ** Emerald?... what are you doing here what's the matter? why are you whispering** ....."Shhhh.... I think I heard someone break in down stairs and footsteps.... I was on my way down to get some water when I heard it".... I spring up.... **Shit!**... who the hell could this possibly be to follow me all the way out here.

I creep over to my closet and opened my secret compartment and take out two guns then screw on silencers and tell Emerald to stay put... she asked me to leave the door open in the event I need to run back to her and I complied.

I make my way down the hall slowly.... checking every direction before going forward step by step... trouble and danger always seem to find me just because of who I am and my position in society... in all my planning... the possibility of bringing danger to her was not a part of the plan in any way... I'd never forgive myself if anything happens to this woman.

I listen as I begin to hear hushed talking coming from downstairs... two different voices talking... **ransom... will pay big money... rich kid... stupid fk...ha** hmmmm.... kidnap me for ransom huh.?... how the hell did they even know that I'm out here?.... do I have a security leak at my company?

While in my own thoughts I had not sensed another presence until it was too late.... I turned only to be hit in the stomach almost winding me... I fall and struggle to catch my breath... **wheeze... E-em wheeze** I reached for my gun but he stepped on my hand and grind his heel onto my palm...

** Hey guys I got the little shit! **..... >BANG!BANG!BANG!< I looked around and up at him to see him bleeding before he collapsed in front of me I'm then dragged by someone... by Emerald?!

**W-Wh- "shut up! and focus! ...." by then the other perps where scrambling up the stairs... my hand hurts like a bitch!.... she took my gun with the silencer and did not bat an eyelash to pull the trigger taking out the one at the back first then she turned to look at me... wow... I took aim and made a head shot with the final one....

The first one began groaning... I guess he didn't die after all... I make my way over to him and returned the favor of stepping and grinding on his hand just to hear him cry out in agony... just as I was about to shoot him "wait!.... don't kill him!... we could get information from him...!"... ** count yourself temporarily lucky you piece of shit!** I head into my room and call my guards to come get them and take this fker to a storage facility until I instruct them further...

** How did they know you where out here?** .... " that's what I'd like to know... I guess we have a leak some where... we will have to find the tap and plug it Lu... "... ** Understood Sir ..... how is Ms. Jones?.... she must be pretty shaken up**..... " hahahahhahaha.... that's pretty funny Lu... Ms. Jones... was the one that did most of the shooting" ..... he stood there shell shocked and in utter disbelief... then nodded his head and walked away.

After about an hour or so the house was fairly back to normal... no blood and no bodies.... this getaway is totally ruined... even though she handled her self so damn well... I'm sure she's probably packing her things right now to head back to the city.

sigh.... *Knock...knock..* Emerald?.... *knock knock...* nothing...

I slowly push the door open and peer inside she's not in here.... just as I was about to leave... "Romeo?"..... oh God it's my turn to be blown away...She's in her towel...her very short towel with water glistening and dripping down her body... I swallow hard and tried thinking about puppies as I drink her in trying to keep RJ down and in check, she saunters over to me... "Is everything okay?"..... ** ahhhh I just came to check on you, see how you're doing... if you'd like to leave....** ...." mmmmm.... I'm okay and we don't need to leave.... but we can if you want to....".... she walks further into the room and I follow, I can't stop myself from admiring her ass as it bounces up and down under her towel as she walks.

** Emerald... where you involved in gangs or perhaps an officer before?**..... "hahahahahahahaha oh my gosh!.... hahahahahha...*cough cough cough* .... why do you ask that Romeo?" ..... ** just....the way you shot at those guys without any hesitation.... I mean from working with you all these years to say I was shocked would be the understatement of my life**.... " are you scared of me now? " she tilts her head and stares at me in a way that makes my heart race... does she know how sexy she is right now?..... ** no, should I be? ** ...... " maybe..... maybe not... but I learned from my mother....she took me out hunting back in the day.... brought me up tough and able to hold my own while still being able to be lady like and dainty when needs be....I've obviously never hurt a person like that before but in a life or death situation it's obvious I would choose me to live..."

I nod my head absentmindedly.... ** okay..... **..... She bit her lip and then stands and makes her way towards the walk in closet.... I don't think I could take it any more.... I want her.... I need her...