Chapter 23

(The next morning)

EMERALDS POV

Omg! I can't believe we kissed... I kissed Romz... I kissed.. Romeo Perry... Oh God!... I kissed my boss ... ughhhhh.... I am never drinking again!... I stare at my reflection in the mirror... okay! so we are going to head down stairs and function like normal... like nothing ever happened!... I can not and will not be one of his play things... alright! here we go...

** Good morning Ms. Jones! you look lovely today... shall we go?** ....." Yes let's be on our way ..." once we're in we say hello to our new Receptionist Tiffany... she's a real doll... It turns out that Hailey was coocoo after all... she damaged Mr. Perry's car to grant herself the opportunity to be alone with him and then drug him... talk about desperate... and on a good note... that Burlings chick was found.. it turns out a pimp saw her and took her and made her a drugged up hooker for the months she was MIA... she's currently in rehab... poor soul..

I do my usual.. prep breakfast and take it to him then have my own and plan out his work days coming etc...

Although my desk is a good distance away from his door I can clearly hear him shouting inside, I quickly make my way inside without even knocking...

** What do you mean you still can't find a lead on the suspects... it's been months!... you guys are worthless... ** his back is turned to me as he shouts non stop into his cell phone while over looking the city... ** Stay on it Lieutenant I need to know who those two people are that destroyed her apartment...! Yes I know she's over it but it doesn't mean they are not a threat to her!.... She can't keep walking around looking over her bloody shoulder or waiting to get attacked can she?... of course not!... You have DNA as well as video footage make something happen... anything for goodness sake!

"Uhm...Sir..." He turns quickly to face me ... " Perhaps if I take a look at the footage I may be able to recognize the body structure..."... ** Baby are you sure you want to go through that?**... (baby?) I did my best not to react to him calling me that, I don't think even he realized it himself what he said...

" Yes, if I can be of any help I will gladly do so... ".. **Okay.. Hang on Lieutenant I'll put the phone on speaker... He puts the phone the desk and proceeds to open files on the desk top and we watch as my door is kicked in and wait...then we watch as the two assailants leave and head for the elevator... I ask him to freeze it as they are standing and waiting on the elevator to open... I stare intently because my eyes can see clearly the silhouette of the two persons but my brain refuses to believe that she would go so far.

My voice comes out more shaky than I anticipated... " can you rewind to when they first come out of the elevator and try to freeze it please...** sure **... as he does and freezes it once more! I inhale deeply and can't help but shake in sorrow, disbelief and anger... I am honestly on the verge of tears due to frustration... Romeo stands and hugs me tightly.. he smells so good... I can stay here forever... I ease away from him... " Uhm Officer.." .. **Yes ma'am**... Can you please come over or send someone over to the office to swab me as soon as possible... ** Of course Ma'am but if I may ask.. why?**

" The woman in the video, her silhouette looks like my half sister Veronica and I am 80% sure the man is my ex boyfriend Zane... but before we make any accusations please come and swab me and see if there is any familial relations to the DNA you have on hand.... ** I'll be there in 20 minutes ma'am** he hangs up... I walk over to Mr. Perry's couch and sit and have myself a cry, I can't believe it.

** Hey, hey... it's okay... he holds me... **..... "I know she doesn't like me, but to go this far... how did she even find out where I lived and Zane? howwwwww?... I mean... I sob into my hands... ( Good thing I don't wear make up ) " he lifts my face and uses his thumb to wipe by face...** stop crying Em, you're breaking my heart to pieces... he whispers **You're so damn beautiful Emerald Jones** and before I can respond... he kisses me once more..it's a hot..slow.. but so very deep kiss... I've never had such a passionate kiss before... ( I shouldn't be doing this... I can't become part of the flock )... " Romz.. stop.."... ** Not yet baby..not yet** and his lips find mine again.. and I let him...One hand moves from my face to my back to pull me closer still then tilt my chin and he begins kissing down my neck... ( Move Emmy Move... Stop this! ) I can't help but moan a little and run my hand through his hair... he works his way back to my lips but we are thankfully interrupted by his office line ringing...

" Sir your phone..."....** So? let it ring... kiss me Em...please... I need it... I need you... and please don't call me Sir right now Em** .... he leans back in to kiss me again and I place my hand on his mouth" Whoa there Sir... I get up and run to the phone... " Mr. Perry's office... the Receptionist is announcing the Lieutenants arrival... " Okay thank you I will inform him.

" Get yourself together, the Lieutenant is here... Oh Shit!... I say as I make myself presentable again... **What? ** I need to wash my mouth out before he gets here... I holds my elbow to stop me from running out... ** Why is that?** ...." Hello?! we've just been making out.. your DNA would show up in the swab mixed with mine... you want the whole department to know that we've been swapping spit?" I pull away and make a run for it... I hear him laugh as I go...** Oh Em... what will I do with you?**