Chapter 24

EMERALDS POV

I re-enter Mr. Perrys' office and Oh my Lorsh! " Wow officer you are gorgeous!" .... He gives a small shy smile then clears his throat before approaching me... ** Good afternoon Ma'am I am Lieutenant Jasper Crauper at your service and thank you for your compliment**.... we shake hands... " I'm Emerald nice to meet you..."... before anything else can be said we are interrupted by a very annoyed looking Romeo... ** Well, shall we get on with the swabbing?** .... "yes! please have a seat Emerald...".... I watch him as he gets his kit and puts his gloves on and come towards me... ( this man is foineee ) ..... ** Now if you can just open your mouth and I'd swab the corners of your mouth and be on my way...** .... I can't help but stare at him as he swabs away... ** Okay Emerald all done... **... he puts the swab in a test tube and packs the kit up and dispose of his gloves..." Thank you Jasper for coming, how soon will we get the results?" we shake hands... ** by the end of the week if not sooner... Emerald..**

"Thanks a lot Lieutenant, we look forward to your results** Romeo says and he lets go of my hand and takes his leave. ** What was that about Ms. Jones?...** .... " what are you talking about sir?".... ** oogling and flirting with him, like right here in my presence!**.... " the last time I checked I was free, single and disengaged Mr. Perry"...." If there's nothing else I will get back to work sir."

ROMEOS POV

Can you believe that woman!..... checking out this man right here as if we weren't just making out minutes before he got here... damn him! she's mine and mine only... the light that walked into my lonely life... I want her to be my one and only but I just don't know how to tell her because she knows me, she knows my player ways... I don't know what I'd do if she rejects me... maybe drown in alcohol, more women and sorrow...

( 4 DAYS LATER )

** Good Morning Mr. Perry... Its Lieutenant Crauper... I have Emeralds test result... is she nearby?**... I dial her extension so she can come in to hear what the woman thief has to say...

" Hello Jasper..." ...** Hi Emerald...ahem... so it would appear that your assumptions about the female offender being your sister.... there is a 65% familial match to you which I'm sure is to her being only your half sister...**.... How do you wish to proceed?**.... " I don't think my father would take to kindly of one daughter imprisoning the other... how about we present her with the evidence and once she admits... she covers all the damage costs to the apartment? and as for my ex boyfriend.... you can do what ever you want with him... his name is Chad Evans he's 26 his birth date is September 11th 1995 he's  also from my island and has a serious mean streak.."

" I can come down to the station and give your sketch artist a description of him so you'd have a better idea of who to look for..."... ** that would be great... when will you be available?** .." it's actually my lunch hour in a few minutes.. so I can head right over..".. ** how about I pick you up?**..." that sounds great! see you in 10.." and she just walks right out my office without a word or even looking my way.

It seems I have some competition... I will never back down from something that I wish to acquire... Emerald Jones will most certainly be mine....

I began to think of ways to woo and win her over completely, it will have to be something different... something new that I've never done before... meaning I'd have to step out of my norm... sigh... I have never had to give much thought into anything that did with women because they all just made it so very easy for me... but Emmy is different...

Emmy is the one I want... she's going to be my girl.

Emerald POV

I have just finished talking to the Sketch Artist giving her a vivid description of that scum bag I used to date, ugh...

** Emerald! ** I turn to see Jasper running down the corridor to me.... " is there something wrong Detective?" ..... ** uh noooo, I thought I asked you to call me Jasper... I was just wondering if you'd like to have a quick bite with me across the street, the food there is pretty good....** .... I checked my watch... " sure I still have some time left "... he beams at me and leads the way.

He sure is funny and quite charming if I do say so myself.... *Ting!*.... I check my phone to see a message from Romeo * Hey, I'm waiting outside the station for you... come on out once you've finished giving your description *.... Oh dear... * Okay Sir, I'll be there soon *

"Uhm.. Jasper I'm afraid I'll have to take my leave now... my boss is here to pick me up... I apologize, I didn't mean to eat and run".... he peers out the cafe window at the sleek car parked out front and whistles... ** now that's a beauty!.... It's okay, I'm the one who imposed on your time... let's go**

Once outside we cross the street together and bid our goodbyes, he headed into the station and I got into the back of the car, I was met by a deadly glare... " uhmm Sir? is something wrong?"... ** I thought you came to give a description of your ex.. why are you coming out of a cafe looking so chummy with that guy?** ... " 1 I already gave my description, 2 he invited for lunch after I finished, 3 it's my personal time and life which means I can spend it how it wish Sir, now... may I ask your reason for coming down here to collect me?**

He turned away and signaled for Lu to start the car and drive away.... ugh...men...

I spent the afternoon buried in work... I did not realize how far time had gone until Mr. Perry came to ask me about my not leaving...

hmmm.... tomorrow is his birthday but he never celebrates it... anyway... not my concern.