Chapter 25

Tomorrow is Mr. Perry's birthday and for some reason he thought it would be a great idea to make a trip to the country side as he calls it for a 4 day getaway to take our minds off the case... When we both know we have a ton and a half of work to be done at the office... it was a very abrupt decision, something out of the ordinary for him but here we are!

Relax he said... You can log in remotely he said... The internet would be good he said... Well! Let me tell you! His words where pure cockamamie! Not only is there no internet... The cell service is almost non existent and I want to pull my hair out...

On the other side... It is beautiful here and there are actual horses! I've only seen them now and again back home and from a distance...they are huge! Anddddddd there's also a vineyard... I may have stolen a grape here and there but who's counting? Certainly not me... I did manage to get him a gift and smuggle it here in my suitcase... I hope he likes it... I struggled because this dude is a billionaire for Pete sake ... What could he possibly want or need?

Speak of the devil and he shall appear... Here he comes strolling towards me in a plad button down shirt and washed out jeans with boots and a cowboy hat... Wow! Talk about smoldering...

** Do you know how to ride? .... I guess by my stare he continued on... **a horse... do you know how to ride a horse?**.... '' I have ridden one before but that was quite some years ago... I should remember the jist of it though... ** well you should change into something more fitting and meet me here so I can give you the full tour of the property.

I opt for Grey top with cut out jeans and boots.

I see Mr. Perry give me a look over from head to toe before clearing his throat and heading out... i suppose I look odd to him as he's only ever seen me in work attire.

We get to the stables and I choose a beautiful brown horse called Sadie, he helps me to mount her and he does the same with his black and white called Jay... we go very slowly and he shows me around the property... I think the lake is my favorite... there's swings that glide right over the water, it's truly a magical feeling. I can only imagine what a sunset here would look like... I most certainly will find out.

We make small talk and laugh a lot along the way... by the time we get back to the house it's way past lunch... I head upstairs to have a quick shower before going into the kitchen to make something for us to eat... the cupboards are all pretty stacked and so is the fridge... I decide on Stir fried noodles and chicken, I think that would go okay with a glass of white wine for me.

I busy myself chopping vegetables and other ingredients, I'm not quite sure where he disappeared to but I know he'd turn up as soon as he smells food.

As I said before, after I dished out the food and placed them on the dining table I hear his footsteps approach... ** that smells amazing Em! **.... hmmm Em?..... I turn after selecting a bottle of wine from the chiller and grabbing two glasses and almost drop them all....

There stood my boss... Romeo Perry in all his glory in nothing but jeans.... bare feet... wet hair...bare back... and absolutely ripped! standing by the dining table picking chicken off his plate... get back to your senses Emerald! he's your boss!..... " would this wine work for you Sir? "... he eyes it... ** Yes it's fine and we are off the grid, please call me Romeo **

I nod and place the glasses down and pour the wine then sat and began eating... it's pretty good if I do say so myself!.... oh God I can't help myself!.... the sound of him moaning after taking a bite of his food and him licking and smacking his lips from the juices running down his mouth....his tongue... gosh...his tongue.

I automatically bit my lip and squeezed my legs closer together... whew... stop it!... bad body! bad bad body!.... I know very well this man is promiscuous! I can not allow myself to fall into the trap and become a part of the statistics.

Luckily he offered to wash up after eating, which gives me the chance to catch myself and cool my head... ** Ring, ring, ring! **.... wow I actually have network!...

"Hello..."..... ** Hey Emerald, It's Jasper **... I can feel my face light up at the mention of his name and we begin talking animatedly completely taking my mind off what occurred during lunch, just what I needed!

I was sat on a bench on the side of the house talking to Jasper for quite some time... I had not even noticed Mr. Perry standing by the side of the house looking on as i laughed and talked my life away with Jasper.

Romeos POV

FK!! she even gave him her number?! every time I feel like I've made some progress... there's a new development.

I don't want to do anything rash and scare her away...which is why I brought her here... to spend time with me and actually get closer and get to know each other on personal level.... I have found out that she's not totally immune though... I almost did the cha cha slide when I saw her gawking at me when I came down to lunch... but I know my body being sexy is not going cut it...

I just need to find a way to cross over from the boss and secretary line to intimate level.... I want this woman... for the first time in my life... I want her... I don't know what to do to get her... if I tell her how I feel she won't buy it... that much I know... so I know I have to show it... I've already cut off the other women... I've been celibate for 4 and a half months now... that is a record! just for Emerald...

She doesn't know.