Chapter 31

Romeos POV

I feel the bed dip and she climbs onto me and lays down on my chest while kissing my neck..."hey I'm heading for a run... I'd be back okay?"... I nod, refusing to open my eyes let alone speak... she climbs off me and I hear her foot steps leave and the door quietly closing and I roll over and drift back off to sleep....

I'm not sure how long after I felt the bed dip again and arms wrap around me and begin touching and caressing me... that perfume... I know it... but... does Em wear that?...then it dawned on me... I was instantly awake and sprang from the bed like it was on fire...

**WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE WOMAN???! GET THE HELL OUT!! I'M NOT SOME TEEN BOY YOU COULD OVER POWER ANYMORE**.... "of course not! you're now a grown man who can take control of me...mmmm...oh come now Romie... you remember how hard you got for me, I'm sure she doesn't make you feel as good as I did...I've missed you all these years..." she slides off the bed and saunters over to me, untying her robe to reveal a lace see through lingerie night gown... **Leave! **... "oh come now Romie, you have no idea how badly my body yearns for you..." .... 

The door slams shut and before I could turn to look >SMACKK<....>Thud<.... "you have some goddamn nerves coming into our bedroom looking like an absolute skank!... leave my man alone! get out before I haul my cutlass on your ass!"... she scampers up and whizzes out the door holding her robe and clutching her cheek... Emerald turned to me...eyes blazing... "where did she touch you? are you okay?" I was hauled off to the shower and willingly let myself be scrubbed EVERYWHERE...

I must say I like this possessiveness despite the situation... we get dressed and head down to breakfast... I sit near to my father and Emerald sits across from me... (whisper - Baba I'd like to talk to you when you have time) he nods... we all eat and make small talk through the meal, my aunt made absolutely no contact with me or Emerald through the meal.... Em smiles at me... she gives me so much courage and strength.... I love this woman.

"Come to my study son".... ** Can we also bring mama and Em...**... they both excuse themselves and follow us to my fathers office.... My nerves are through the roof again... is this really the right thing to do? will this ruin my family... will they even believe me?

I feel Emerald take hold of my hand and give it a reassuring squeeze and a nod.. "what would you like to talk to us about my son?" ..... I hesitate ** Romeo, it's okay...they're your parents don't be afraid...speak your truth** .....whew.... "Okay, it's about Dahlia...about why I am the way I am towards her".... I told them... I told them everything I had been through... I expected them to shout and get angry... but my mom threw herself at me and held me so tight and cried...my father sat in his chair staring at me, not moving or blinking...

**If in the event you need further proof that he's speaking the truth... I have it...**she took out her phone... ** I decided to leave my phone on record when I went for my run this morning in case she came again like she did last night...** she touched her phone and the entire run in this morning replayed on speaker for my parents to hear...including the sound of Emerald smacking her across the face... and for the first time in all my years... I saw my father cry... he hugged me and sobbed.... "my boy... I have failed you... I have failed to protect you.... I have spent years keeping you safe from the world outside only to have you hurt from inside... I'm so sorry son... I will make it right!".

I did not even realize that Em had quietly excused herself from the room... We spent some more time talking then a maid came knocking hurriedly... "excuse me Mr. Perry... your sister is fighting with Ms. Jones by the pool!... I waste no time running out the door... there's a crowd gathered and lots of shouting and squabbling... I push through to find my aunt on the floor crying and my brother and sister holding Emerald who is trying to kick at my aunt still... I go over to Em and signal for my siblings to let her go and she came to me... "I thought they said you where fighting... you look fine to me..." ..... **Of course I'm fine!... this is West Indian cut ass verses Dubai whoop** .... I laughed... my aunt seemed to have gathered herself some what... **How could you laugh Romeo Perry when your wild woman has badly beaten your aunt!** ... she had bruises everywhere! and a bloody nose and cut lip... **Brother!....look at what she did to me!!..that bitch that Romeo brought home!.... look at my face!.... I -**.... "Just stop it Dahlia!... okay...stop!... I already know everything... everything you did to my boy!.... playing the victim will not save you from me... "

She pales... **wh-what are you talking about brother?!....what lies have they told you about me to come between us?!!** .... " HOW DARE YOU STAND HERE IN MY HOME AND ACCUSE MY SON AND HIS GIRLFRIEND OF LYING WHEN YOU'VE SPENT 12 YEARS LYING TO ME ABOUT THE REASON ROMEO WAS SO COLD TO YOU.....!!... ALL THE YEARS YOU SPENT MOLESTING AND HAVING SEX WITH MY YOUNG TEENAGE SON AGAINST HIS WILL... YOUR NEPHEW!!! MY SON!!...WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELF?? YOU EVEN WENT TO HIS ROOM LAST NIGHT AND AGAIN THIS MORNING!!.... YOU ARE DISGUSTING!! AND MANIPULATIVE!!" ..... to say that everyone was shocked would be the least of it... my sister ran up and punched her in the face which made her fall backward into the pool... Emerald gave her a nod of approval and she nodded back...

No one made an attempt to help her out of the pool... so she swam to the end and helped herself out and ran from the scene... "if I had not spent all these years calling her sister and loving her as such... I would of killed her..... she will be disowned and sent away!" ..... he grabbed Emeralds hand and gave her a kiss on it... "Emerald my child... you have this old mans thanks for giving my son the courage to tell us about his past... I will remember this to my dying day!" he pulled her into a hug and kissed both her cheeks before walking away with my mother.

"My hand hurts like hell though.... swear her face is like concrete!".... I laughed again and pulled her into a kiss.... ** Emerald... I'm so in love with you I don't know what to do, I would love to make you mine** .... "aren't I yours already Romeo?"...she smiled a gave me a peck on the cheek... "come on... I think I need to ice my hand, I kid you not... she has steel implanted into her face..."