Chapter 29

Liebe’s P.O.V

"So you told me that whole story and in the end you said nothing about the swords…"

"Yeah that's basically it, so do you really not have any questions?"

"Well I do have one question, why the hell are you so small?!"

"You have some nerve do you?! I meant any serious questions!"

Is this little guy really playing with me right now?! If he knew how great I am, he would be shivering in his boots! Humans are really annoying, well, all except her…

I suddenly felt a flick against my head as I was pulled out of my depressing train of thought.

"AND WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!"

"Well you didn't listen to me, so I had to get your attention somehow."

"SO THAT GIVES YOU A REASON TO FLICK MY HEAD?!"

"Chill little guy, you're being too expressive. Too much punctuation."

What even is this guy talking about? 'Punctuation' the hell? And who's he calling little guy?!

This guy is getting on my nerves and like that, I finally snapped. I quickly flew up to his face and in a blink of an eye.

CHOMP

"OUCH- WHAT THE, YOU LITTLE!"

"Hah!, you get what you deserve! With your manners, I won't be surprised if it isn't only ash coloured hair, but also a brain of ash!”

"Don't insult my intelligence like that, you sentient sea urchin!"

"Who're you calling a sea urchin? You fucking idiot!”

I could practically feel a vein about to pop in my forehead. Calm down Liebe, you're better than this! Deep breaths. let's keep my blood pressure under control. Oh wait, I don’t have blood, do I?

"Sigh, the only thing I know about the swords is that there are multiple and I don't even know where some are."

"Wow you can't even keep track of your own property, what a slob."

"Enough with the insults, pretty boy. I'm tired; I haven't been out in a while."

"Do you want to eat something?"

"Hmm, you got any fish?" (Happy, you’re in the wrong manga)

"Loads!"

"Maybe you aren't that bad of a human."

"And maybe you aren't such an annoying little demon!"

*

Man, he wasn't kidding when he said that he had a lot of fish! I ate enough to last me a decade, Damn! I pat my full stomach as I sit on this guy's shoulder. He walked in a slow place giving me time to look around a bit. Wait what was his name again? Asot?, Arcane?, Abracadabra? Oh right, it was Asta! This human is pretty irritable, but he's tolerable in small dosages. Maybe I can make him my subordinate. At the same time, his personality really feels familiar…

"Hey, what're you plotting up there?"

He looked me straight in the eyes with such a dumb look, honestly how can he look that stupid? But it also feels nostalgic. Damn, I’m getting soft.

"Ha…"

I unconsciously chuckled at my own joke out loud making him look puzzled.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing, you're just… Ah forget it"

"Now I won't be able to forget it!"

"Welp, you better forget because you ain't getting any answers out of me"

"But-"

Before he could continue his retort I simply put my hand on his mouth and said.

"Silence, people are sleeping and I'm also in the mood to sleep”

With an audible groan, he finally shut up and I won. Of course I won, but it's still fun to see him like this. But I won't let him get close to me, not like I did last time. Feeling tired and uneasy from remembering the past, I finally closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Asta’s P.O.V

This little demon surely is weird. First of all, he's too witty. Secondly, he's very good at getting on my nerves. Thirdly, he has these childish insults and Fourthly, where does all that food even go to?! Even I couldn't finish that much in one session, but he ate it in one bite and even asked for seconds!

I heard tiny snores in my ear and as he said he fell asleep. Aw, he looks so cute I want to pinch his cheeks or at least poke them. As I was about to commence Operation ‘Poke chibi demon’, my head was hit with a tiny drill a.k.a. Nero.

They had picked up speed and drilled into my head. On the bright side I didn't fall unconscious, on the down side I was spraying a blood fountain.

"Nero why did you do that?"

"..."

"I will never get an answer from you, huh?"

"..."

"How did you even get out of my room?"

"..."

Seriously this bird is looking at me with the deadest stares of stares. I put my hand over my forehead so that I can minimize the bleeding and start walking again, this time with a bird on my head and a demon on my shoulder. Where did my life take such a drastic turn?

We arrived at my room shortly after and it seems like I didn't close the door, how stupid of me. Nero had fallen asleep on my head so I carefully laid them down on their bed. I didn't know where to place Liebe so I fluffed up my pillow and grabbed a handkerchief and quickly made him a bed. I yawned and did some stretches before finally lying down in my own comfy bed. Ah, so warm, so soft, so-.

"CAPTAIN WAKE UP!"

"...why?"

Author’s Note
I made a reference to Fairy Tail Lol.