Chapter 8

Julius pov

Asta was released from Owen's care and had an appointment scheduled for next week to see if he was doing better.

As we were flying back to the base Asta pointed out all the beautiful things he saw from this height. It was fun hearing him rant about all these small things, but I have to say that he had a good eye. He reminds me a lot of myself I guess he'll fit right in.

We arrived at the base and said goodbye to pops, Asta was a little sad but he knew he'd see him again. We walked into the base and straight to my office some people looked at me a little weird, but I guess it's expected when I bring a child with me. We opened the door to my office to see Yami and William waiting for me. And they looked shocked when they noticed Asta behind me, William tried to speak first but he couldn't get any words out of his mouth. Yami spoke up and broke the ice.

"so Julius since when did you get down and dirty, and had that little runt"

I could feel Asta's grip tighten on my leg as Yami called him a runt.

"Yami I think it's best to not call him a runt and for your information I've adopted him also Charlotte Roselei from the blue rose squad wanted to 'have an audience' as she said with you"

Yami snickered a bit before he said something that pissed off Asta.

"so thorny tsun princess wants to see me what an honor also do you think that runt can do anything against me he's just a little kid. Not strong, not tall, not menacing just a little kid"

I felt Asta let go of my leg and walked up to Yami.

"well at least I don't look like some old fart and I don't know why big sis has a crush on you. And for your information mister big shot you are not all that powerful yourself, I bet I could beat you in a race through the forest without broom or any other kind of transportation just on our feet."

Yami snickered and walked to the door and before he left he said "game on, Julius you decide the date". I shook my head and sighed Asta just arrived and he's already picking fights just as I expected he'd fit right in.

Asta pov

I grabbed my bag from dad's office and walked to the forest to train, I can't believe I just did that I challenged a magic knight. But this battle isn't only for me but it's also for sis' honor I will fight and succeed, I might be a little over dramatic but that doesn't change anything.

I walked to the forest and found a tree with a sturdy branch that I could use as a bar. I started with pull-ups then I did sit-ups after that I decided to run, I ran for a while and noticed I was lost. I stopped and opened my bag I took out my bottle to drink something when I noticed something, I took it out of my bag and held it in my hands. It was the piece of clothing I was found in this is the only thing i have remaining that's from my parents.

Before I could end reminiscing I heard an explosion, I put everything back in my bag and went to investigate. I saw a lady probably the same age as Charlotte-nee taking down a giant boar, she had fangs and flaming red hair. She was really menacing but she looked very loving, I decided to walk up to her and talk.

The closer I was to her the denser the air became, I eventually had reached her as she was roasting the boar. She noticed me and asked me what a runt like me was doing so deep in the forest, u swear these people are rude.

"well first of all I'm no runt I'm Asta, second of all I'm training for a race"

She snickered as she continued.

"aren't you scared of me well you've got guts I'm Mereoleona by the way. And what kinda race does somebody of your age race in"

She patted next to her on the trunk she was sitting on she gave me a piece of meat and looked at me to say something.

"well it's a race through this forest without any means of transportation, so just by foot. And I only said that I wanted to race because that, that poopy head was disrespecting me and Charlotte-nee. And if I'm being honest you are way nicer and would be way better for her"

She laughed for a good minute before she spoke again.

"you really are a kid first saying something complicated like 'any means of transportation' but following it up with poopy head. And I guess you're just racing to defend your and your sis' honor well I wouldn't mind training you, but I have one question why do you think I'm a better choice for your sister than mister poopy head"

"well you just seem like a nicer person and I think you compliment her character nee-san"

Mereoleona pov

By what he's said I think he's talking about Yami Sukihero and Charlotte Roselei, but I do have to admit that Charlotte and Yami really have a weird relationship maybe I'll help maybe I'll swoop the princess for myself.