Chapter 17

~ One year later ~

Narrator’s P.O.V.

It's been one year since Asta's breakdown, he and Owen started having regular meetings, talking about his emotional and mental state and it's seems like Asta is slowly but surely is getting better. A lot of other things also happened in that year with Noelle, she decided to stay by her word and moved out. First she stayed with Mimosa and that piqued Fuegoleon's interest, so Krisch explained it to him and Fuegoleon picked up Noelle and told her she will be staying with them. Even though she didn't have a choice, she was kind of happy as she was getting irritated by Krisch’s constant narcissism. With Mimosa, not a lot happened, but she had noticed that Krisch isn't as narcissistic as he looks. Maybe he's hiding something and she's gonna find out what. With the fiery Vermillions, they took Noelle under their wing and are now protecting her from the Silva's; they also started training with each other to improve their magic. Noelle's magic control became much better and Leopold's fire power also increased. Now with the grown ups, Julius has become the Wizard King with everyone looking up to him. Yami and William started their own squads, Charlotte became the captain of the Blue Roses and Mereoleona has been visiting more often and even goes on some missions.

And with the elders, Grandpa Druout has been visiting them any time he can and has been giving Asta and his new friend group some items from his various trips. He’s also been telling them stories about the different magic types and monsters he had encountered with. In the end, he's just happy Asta made some friends. Grandpa Owen has been helping Asta facing his nightmares and has been teaching Asta and Co. about medicinal plants when he has time. Well this is enough of a summary, today is Asta's fifth birthday.

Asta’s P.O.V.

Today is my birthday, I can't believe it's been nearly one year since I have been here. It feels like just yesterday when dad became the Wizard King... oh wait that was yesterday. I went to take a nice long shower before going to the kitchen for a snack. I picked up some bread and warmed up the soup from yesterday with my magic, but then I noticed something strange, it's awfully quiet. Dad is always very energetic and by now he would've tackled me into a birthday hug after popping out of nowhere. After I was done eating I looked around, Dad was nowhere to be found. I shrugged it off, he's probably busy doing Wizard King stuff. Or he’s slacking off and went to find different, unique magic to gawk at.

I went outside and did my morning workout routine. 10 laps around the garden, 100 push ups/sit-ups/pull-ups and jumping jacks. Then I did my sword training, swinging it up and down a few dozen times before practicing on the dummy. I probably need to inform dad we need a new dummy as this one is nearly gone. Bits and pieces of it were scattered around the area while the dummy itself could be reduced to nothing after one more hit. After a while I went back inside and the clock just struck twelve. It's lunch time and dad still isn't back, I took some bread and a cup of tea to the library and continued my magic studies.

I've never really looked inside my grimoire because I want to be able to do a lot of spells without it. So I read about different types of magic and skills and tried to mimic what it said. So far I know about: Fire, Flower, Water, Earth, Lighting and Metal. The Flower and Water also have a sub section that can heal.

Narrator’s P.O.V.

While Asta was doing his magic studies, Julius sneakily entered the house, but he didn't enter alone. With all of Asta’s friends, they sneaked into the garden and started to set things up for Asta’s surprise birthday party.

Asta was sitting in the library reading a book about 'magic stages'; he was so emerged in it while enjoying the silent ticking of the clock that he forgot about the time. When he was finally done with the book it was already eight. Asta sighed, normally Julius would've snapped Asta out of his reading trance so that he would eat dinner on time.