Chapter 3

Narrator pov

It was early in the morning as drouot began preparing for his and asta's journey. As the sun was rising and the first few beams peared through the window asta woke up. He yawned as he got out of the bed, walking circles around it to wake up completely.

Drouot was done with the preparations as he went to asta's room to see if he was awake. When he got there he saw asta walking around his bed, he called for the boy to shower and get dressed. Asta nodded and went to the bathroom while his gramps was making breakfast.

After they ate breakfast and locked up the tower, they hopped on gramps' carpet and flew off. Their journey would be a long one, it would take approximately 3 days and 3 nights. This would also be asta's first time out of Hage village and he was excited to say the least.

Asta pov

The end of day was nearing and me and gramps found a place to camp. Gramps was trying to start a fire, but he wasn't very good at it so I stepped in. I grabbed the sticks and grabbed a vine, then I put the vine around one stick and put it on the other one. After I was done with that I pulled at the ends of the vine anf slowly but surely a fire started.

Gramps was impressed at my skills and praised me. I decided to go look for some firewood and fruit. Not so far from our campsite were a bunch of trees full of fruit. I climbed up one and broke of a branch it fell down on the ground, but the fruit wasn't damaged. I grabbed the end of the branch and started pulling it to the campsite, but something didn't sit right it felt like I was being watched.

I turned around and saw glowing red eyes staring at me from a distance. I didn't hesitate and ran as fast as I could with the branch, I saw gramps from the distance cooking something over the fire. I yelled at him to get his attention and it worked, he turned his head around and saw me. Then he saw the thing following me.

He took out a dagger and poked the thing in it's eyes, it yelped as it's blood dripped down it's face. Before it could attack us gramps stabbed it several times I nearly puked at the scene, but I kept it together.

After gramps confirmed it was dead he took a good look at it. He determined that it was a wild boar and he said that we could eat it, but we'd first have to skin it. He told me to go look for some more fruit so that I wouldn't have to see him skin it as I was still four, he said it would be to gruesome for me to see. I obliged and went on my way

After a while I went back to the campsite with a bunch of tree branches. Some did have fruit and some didn't, but we would still use the branch as firewood either way. I saw that gramps was done with skinning the boar and put a piece of it on the fire.

He saw me as I walked back and helped me with the branches. When we were back at the fire he started telling me stories about long ago, he also mentioned a place that was only inhabited by witches.

It was called the witches' forest, he also said that the witches' queen had a special type of magic that could lift ancient curse magic. It was all so cool, but I had one very important question. "but gramps how do they get babies without boys and why do they only get baby girls". My question seemed to startle gramps a little bit. He cleared his throat and said "you will get the answers when you're of the age to know".

I didn't know what he meant by that and just shrugged it of. After we ate I went into my sleeping bag I slowly closed my eyes, but before they were fully closed I saw a memory from long ago flash by of me as a baby being held by a woman. She looked at me loving and there was a man behind her smiling before the image faded I heard them say my name.

"asta"

Asta of the six leaf clover (written by: Marvelmyst and Soumy42)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें