Chapter 12

Mimosa P.O.V

Today Noelle and I would go visit Leo; we haven’t seen each other for at least 3 months if I remember correctly. Kirsch is bringing us and as usual, is talking about himself and how 'beautiful' he is, it's getting very annoying. I asked him ‘innocently’ if he could stop already, but he just continued, only a little bit quieter. He really can't listen to instructions when it comes to himself and Noelle was getting very irritated, but was still polite. She tapped him on the shoulder and asked about what the magic knights do. Good thing as well to dodge the topic about himself! If you looked closely, you could see how his eyes lit up a little bit and he started being dramatic about the squad he wanted to join in the next six years. If the Golden Dawn didn't want him, then he would join the Coral Peacocks. He gushed about their captain, Dorothy Unsworth and her dream magic. He also told us about her 'Glamour World' and anybody who entered never returned unless she willed it.

He was talking with so much enthusiasm that he completely stopped talking about himself. I like this side of him much better, it was less annoying than listening to him gushing about himself. As we came closer to Leo's family compound, we noticed something wasn’t right. We didn't hear people fighting or fire coming out of the garden or any explosions. This was strange but interesting since we’re talking about the red-blooded Vermillions here. As we made it to the gate, some servants and guards greeted us while bowing. I asked where we could find Leo and they told us that he was with Mereoleona. Our eyes widened a bit. Mereoleona is back. It’s gonna be a long day. As we got inside, I took Noelle's hand and ran to Leona's bedroom. Kirsch was behind talking about how he shouldn’t run because it wasn’t royal even though it's still beautiful.

After a minute or so, we stood before her bedroom door. I already heard her laughing and Leo chuckling, but I also heard another voice and it wasn't Fuego since he was saying something to Mereo. This voice was laughing out loud and crying out 'stop!' in between fits of laughter. Kirsch slowly opened the door while we stood behind him, we peeked from between his legs and saw a boy our age being tickled by Leo. He was crying comical tears while Leo looked very smug as he was tickling the boy. Leo stopped for a second when we walked in and that was the chance for the boy to escape. He ran to Mereo's side and hid behind her, but I don't blame him, Leo's tickles are torture.

After Leo saw us and the boy escaped, he tackled us into a hug. We fell on the ground and Leo was nearly choking us to death, luckily Fuegoleon came by and pulled him off. After that, Kirsch asked Fuego to spar and they went to the sparring room to see how much they've developed their magic over the past three months while Mereo stayed with us to make sure we don't do anything bad. Or more like make us do something stupid, but in her eyes was awesome. There was an awkward silence for a while until the boy walked out from behind Mereo and stood before us.

He introduced himself as Asta and we did the same. Then Leo came up with the fantastic idea to play hide and seek, tag edition. We looked at Mereo hopefully, our eyes shining brightly and she said it was good while looking away with a small blush on her cheeks. Leo was the first seeker and as he was counting, me and Noelle already knew where we could hide but Asta, he looked quite confused and worried. So we each took one of his hands and ran. At first he flinched at our touch but after a while, he seemed to relax and his grip even became a little stronger.

We ran to the library and found the ladder. We rolled it across different shelves until we found one that was dead center of the library. We reached the top of the shelf and laid down. We pushed the ladder away so Leo wouldn’t know we were up here. Asta sat in between us and his spiky hair poked our faces, but it was also fluffy so it didn't hurt as much.

After 10 minutes, Leo walked into the library, or more like bursted through the doors with fire in his eyes. We shushed each other and giggled as he looked tired. He probably ran all over the place and this is the last place he'd look. Leo walked past our shelf several times, but I didn’t expect him to see us from this height.

Noelle P.O.V

The game is going great and it seems like he's going to give up. This Asta guy seems fun to play with. I really hope he's the next seeker, well if we still have time for another round after this one. Leo finally left the library, but now we need to wait again he's probably gonna ask Mereo for help. Another five minutes later Leo returned with Mereo and when she walked in she looked at us. To say we're shocked is an understatement, but luckily Leo didn't notice. They searched and searched, but Leo still didn't think about looking on the shelf. So Mereo told him to look 'up and down', he looked at her for a second and then realisation hit him afterwards. He hit his head out of stupidity and ran towards the ladder, he asked Mereo to push it while he stands on top of the shelves. We were gonna get found out and nothing could prevent it. Leo nearly reached our shelf and that's when Asta took our hands and jumped. We were so shocked that I squeezed my eyes shut waiting for the impact, but he turned around in midair so that he took the impact. We were worried for him, but he didn’t seem to care and took our hands again and ran.

Leo of course saw us, but he didn't tag us so we haven't lost. But still, I thought this was a friendly game of hide and seek tag, but now Leo is giving chase. This is too competitive, but that’s how the Vermillions were; they never back down from a challenge. Now we're just narrowly escaping Leo while running around the place. Mimosa was the first to fall because she sacrificed herself for us in the kitchen. After that, I was the next to fall. I pushed Asta out of Leo's way and got tagged instead. Now he is the only one remaining and it seems like he got away from Leo's sight and hid again.

After another thirty minutes, Leo gave up and walked around saying he gave up in every room so Asta would hear it. Eventually we reached Mereo's room and guess what? He was under her bed and when we walked in, he grabbed Leo's foot who was close by the bed and Leo screamed while jumping a foot high in the air. Asta came out laughing and we joined in while Leo was whining about how he nearly had a heart attack. We walked back to Mereo, who was in the common room, but our tummies growled. I guess we're going to have lunch next. Nothing like a bit of competition in the morning with the Vermillions to work up an appetite. Nope, just another ordinary day.