Chapter 34

Gray's P.O.V

Today is finally the dreaded day… The day of the banquet! Why do I need to goooo? Banquets are just a place for people to eat food while being entitled, it's not like I don't like food, I love food! I just don't like entitlement and especially now since the king and those other royals are going to be there. How much you wanna bet they gonna be snobby shitheads while flouncing their wealth around?

Every squad was required to have at least the captain, vice captain and a +1 for extra security to come. Of course I didn't want to, but dad and Kento both got me to agree on a settlement. I had to attend, but I could have some fun. So I used a perfect copy spell to attend the banquet both as Asta and Gray. And why would you do that if you already didn't want to go, you may ask? I heard that Yuno was selected as the Golden Dawn's +1 and I want to annoy him. That's all, I'm still a child, it's justified.

Also I didn't want to take anyone else from the squad. Mimosa, Leo and Noelle would make something happen, good or bad, just by being there; and the rest of my squad either a) don't like these events, b) don't like the king or c) are put on missions. Also d) they would probably shoot someone.

I wake up like any other person and do normal stuff y'know, cast a copy spell, shower, brush my teeth, feed the two tiny demons, perfectly normal stuff. After I've changed into my formal attire and look at myself, I'd say I'm pretty handsome.

"Looking good, Asta."

"Not so bad yourself, Gray."

"Ugh, you sound obnoxious." Welp, guess a tiny demon decided to grace us with his presence.

"Shut it shortie, but... want to get in the grimoire and come with us? You'll get to go outside!"

"I'm not your pet, I'm your superior you brat, so treat me with respect!"

"Sure, sure."

"Without me, you wouldn't have even known about those swords."

"Without me you would've still been stuck in that musty book."

"Well- AGH what the?!- you damn bird!"

"Haha- Ouch, Nero!!"

"..."

"Don't look at me like that, he started it."

"Well, I wouldn't have said anything if you weren’t complimentling yourself."

"At least I'm not saying I'm some- GAH!"

"AAAH!"

"..."

"Okay, okay I'll stop if he stops."

"Tch.. damned bird, okay I'll quit."

"So…are you in or out?"

"I'll come, but I won't go in that stuffy book, use some of your magic sparkles and turn me invisible"

"I'm not your-"

"..." I felt a shiver down my spine.

"Sure"

*

After that 'fun' morning, I headed down and instead of getting my face stuffed by Leo, I took a piece of bread, earning a head pat from him instead. Though he didn't know who to give it to cause me and I both took a slice of bread, oh this is going to get so confusing. (Note: Asta and Captain Gray are the same person, but now there’s two of them. Just think of Asta normally in the anime/manga and then Asta as the Captain together.)