Chapter 36

Julius' P.O.V

Everyone was standing in neat rows and saluted to the king, well everyone except a few people. Of course they're the usual suspects. I sigh under my breath. At this point I've given up on teaching them etiquette. The king walked forward and following behind him were Mikaela and Orion. Aw, they didn't bring little deer lady with them. Everyone stopped their salute and turned towards the king, awaiting his opening speech. I wish I brought earplugs, but I’d stand out.

"Good day, my loyal subjects of the Clover Kingdom, today we are here to welcome and celebrate our new allies. They've come a long way to meet me and to make this alliance possible so treat my great guests with at least half the respect you show me. Now my people, go on and do whatever simpletons do at these gatherings!"

If they were to treat our guests with half the respect they show you it would be a disaster, at least they have the common sense not to do that. Also I’m pretty sure I lost a few braincells from your voice alone.

I walked forward to Orion and tapped on his shoulder, I wanted to shake his hand as a way to show the king that we've already established a good relationship, but I was shocked when he decided to hug me. I could see Mikaela sigh behind him and she apologized after he put me down, not to judge, but he's a bit too naïve to be a king. Well, I haven't seen him do anything diplomatic yet, so maybe my view might change.

I straightened the creases of my clothes and decided to start a conversation with them.

"Hello, how has your stay been so far?"

Wow so generic.

"Oh it's been great, did you know they sell snakes on a stick? I wanted to try one, but Mimi stopped me."

"Don't call me that in public, it's embarrassing. As for your question Julius, it's been good, we've learned a lot about the history and the culture of the Clover Kingdom. It's quite interesting, especially the early history."

"It's great that you've been comfortable here, if there are any questions or concerns you can ask for my help."

"Now that you've mentioned questions, I do have a one that's been in my head for a while now. 500 years ago was the last sighting of elves. Do you have any idea what might've happened or are there any other records of them?"

"Not that I know of, it is quite a mystery though. Most people have assumed that they've migrated to different parts of the world while others speculate that they've gone extinct."

"Oh, well, thank you for the information."

"Anyways, what is Stari-!"

"...tch, and that's why you got abandoned at the church."

"What in the-"

Asta’s P.O.V

After that dreadful speech of an equally dreadful king, it was time to have some fun. I’m planning on annoying that Yuno, but I won't be confronting him directly, I'll just tie his shoelaces together or tickle his nose with some magic. Maybe pull down his pants or shave a bit of his head. You know, minor inconveniences, that are sure to make you feel horrible.

As I was about to start my pranking spree, I was surprised to see my target approach me. I feel quite petty trying to make his time here so horrible, but then again I do have a vendetta against him.

"Hi there, how are you? Have you recovered from the ouchie I gave you? I'm sorry if I hurt you too bad, but you're strong enough to push through, right? Or are you still that cyrbaby who wails for god-knows-what?"