Chapter 21.5

Narrator's P.O.V

It was the day of the Magic Knights Exam and Julius got ready a few hours prior to observe the exam in secret. He was ready to go when Marx bursts in, not caring for the fact that he caught the Wizard King about to sneak out again.

"Julius-sama! I-important guests have arrived!"

"Huh" Julius thought as he didn't have any meetings scheduled for today, that was, he was pretty sure of. He looked at Marx and beckoned him to let them in. He sat back down in his chair and waited for the mystery guests. To be honest, he was a bit annoyed because if this dragged on like every other royals meeting, he'd miss the exam. He closed his eyes waiting for a few minutes when he heard the door open. Before him stood four people and a deer...wait a deer? It was strange from a normal person's perspective, but he's seen weirder, such as a someone running around on fire and still alive. He surpressed a chuckle as he invited the people to sit down.

Julius' P.O.V

Two of the people sat down as the other two, who I suppose are guards stood behind them. The deer was trotting around my office, looking at my books as if it could read. My eyes flickered between the guards a bit and saw an unfamiliar crest on the guards' robes.

"So, who am I meeting today?"

"Ah, I'm sorry for my bad manners. I'm Mikaela Staria, Queen of the Staria Kingdom"

"I'm Orion Staria, Prince Consort and King of the Staria Kingdom. Nice to meet ya!"

After Orion introduced himself Mikaela slapped the back of his head whispering something about etiquette and courtesy.

"I'm Michael Horton, Vice Captain of the Royal Guards."

"And I'm Kevin Leonard, Second-in-Command of the Imperial Mages."

"And I'm Kayla, Queen's companion and obviously smarter than her husband".

"Why are you so mean Kayla? I think I'm about to cry."

"Oh stop it you drama que-"

"Silence! We're in front of the Wizard King, not in our country! You two can continue this after we're done. I apologize for their rude behavior." I could see Mikaela suppress a sigh as she slightly bowed her head.

"It's no problem, I'm Julius Novachrono, the 28th Wizard King and- wait, did that deer just talk?" Now I've truly seen it all. The deer stared at me as if offended from my statement. I was also doing everything I could not to jump out of my seat and start asking about their magic. Damn, it's really hard, self-control is not easy.

"I'm not just 'that deer'. I'm Kayla so remember that!" She scoffed and turned away her head. I awkwardly stared at her with so many questions in mind.

That deer just talked again. Am I hearing this right? This is amazing! Self-control is out of the window, magic-nerd is back!

Kayla P.O.V

That Julius guy is staring at me in a very weird manner. Mikaela was about to speak when we were bombarded by questions, followed by a gust of wind as he suddenly appeared in front of me. I had to jump back a little before he was literally on my face.

"How long have you been able to speak? How can you speak? Are you some kind of undiscovered race of magic deer? Are there others like you? Is this transformation magic? Is this some kind of curse or blessing? If so, who did this? Can you arrange a meeting for me with them? Can you also speak like different animals? Do you know different languages?" He started babbling away with stars in his eyes as he continued throwing questions from every direction. Never thought this guy was just as much of a nerd as Orion, but he seems smarter so not like Orion.