Chapter 10

~ Two weeks later ~

Julius P.O.V

Ever since Asta challenged Yami he's been going to the woods and coming back looking like he lived in the woods for a year. I always washed him thoroughly every time he comes back and questioned him, but he always said it was just 'training'. Of course I didn't believe him, so I followed him today. I disguised myself as an old lady as I creeped behind him in the shadows. I may sound creepy, but I'm just worried. Yeah, totally, nothing creepy about it. Just a middle-aged man disguised as an old lady stalking a four-year-old boy into the forest. Totally not creepy at all.

He walked further and further into the forest until he stopped at a clearing. He looked around and seconds later, fire was thrown his way,but he dodged and came out unscathed. I was about to run to him when I heard familiar laughter, now standing before Asta was Mereoleona. She gave him a noogie and said something which made him happy. I sighed in relief, at least he wasn't in danger.

Wait no, he is, if he's training with Mereoleona, he totally is in danger. We’re talking about the Uncrowned, Undefeated Lioness who doused a part of Clover Kingdom in flames with her brother on a red-blooded Tuesday because someone wanted to spar for ‘training’. Alright, I'm just gonna act as if I'm a lost old lady, need a cover to try and separate Asta from the Lioness.

"Hello there young ones, do you know the way back to the capital? It seems to be that I have lost my way in the forest".

I suppressed my laughter and kept a straight face as they both turned around to meet my eyes. Asta immediately walked up to me pointing in which direction I should go. But I wasn't going to leave him here with her. Yes, I do know and trust that she can protect him, but only from others 'cause if he really was training with her, that meant that she wasn't going to go easy on him. And I’m going to get scolded by Marx if he finds out he comes home not only very dirty, but bruised as well.

"Could you kindly walk me there? I'm afraid I might get attacked." I said in my best old lady voice. Mereoleona started walking in the direction of the capital before saying,

"Asta, we'll train another time. Let's help this old woman first."

Asta ran next to me and started some small talk. As we were nearing the capital I heard him whisper.

"Dad, when we're home we'll talk about this."

‘Ah crap.’ I immediately froze at his words. Beads of sweat were rolling down my head. I gulped as I quickly gave my thanks to Mereoleona and Asta and walked away, when I looked back, they'd already disappeared into the forest. Am I really too overprotective? Maybe Asta’s just a little mad.

Noelle P.O.V.

Brother Solid and Sister Nebra have tormented me yet again today, and brother Nozel doesn't even try to stop them. I try to be calm and just ignore them, but they still don't stop. I am so done with this. If they aren't going to stop, I'll take matters into my own hands.

I walked to brother Nozel's room and knocked, he didn't respond so I just walked in. He was at his desk working like always, so I cleared my throat to get his attention. He glanced at me before going back to work, I wasn't having it, not today. This time I walked up to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. He pushed it off and commanded me to go away, his cold eyes never straying from his papers.

"Brother Nozel I think you have noticed the way Nebra and Solid have been treating me and I do not appreciate you ignoring the situation. I do hope that you will take action or I will remove myself from this family. I will also say that I am not responsible for our mother's death as I would've loved to meet her and spend time with her. I am just a child and your little sister, I would've at least expected you to warn them, this is all I've wanted to say. Goodbye."

Before he could respond I ran out of the room, those fancy talk lessons really came in handy. My heart was beating so fast that I didn't even notice that I was crying. When I entered my room, I released a breath I didn't know I was holding. If after a year he still doesn't do anything, I will go to my first cousin Mimosa or my second cousin Leopold. They have been more like a family to me than Nozel, Solid and Nebra.

I locked the door and told the servants that I didn't need dinner for today. I changed into my night attire and clambered into bed with only the silvery glow of the moon illuminating from the window. As I layed in bed, I can't face them for who knows how long. I'll just eat my meals in my room and train to stay as far away from them as I can.