Chapter 11

~ 1 Month later ~

Narrator P.O.V.

After Asta lectured Julius about following him and him discovering that Mereoleona has two brothers (who also has the same fiery passion, but not as violent), the time of the race had come. Julius was checking if all of Asta's clothes were good and that his shoes didn't have any holes in them while Mereoleona was glaring at Yami from the sidelines making him somewhat uncomfortable or the need to get ready to run away. As they walked to the starting line, they both looked at each other and Yami saw the fury burn brightly in his eyes. William began to count down and as he reached zero, they both left a pile of dirt from where they were and the race had officially begun. Both of them ran into the forest, both taking different directions. Since Asta had trained in the forest, he knew the quickest ways around while Yami did have an advantage because he could easily deal with the wild animals quickly.

The race needed to be finished in twenty minutes or less, otherwise you'd be disqualified. Julius tried to extend the time but Mereoleona was not up for debate (unless you want to have a flaming paw on your head). The bystanders were already at the end of the forest and when they flew over the forest, they heard the yelps and squeals of many animals who tried to challenge the two boys, or the unfortunate ones who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. They heard the rumble of footsteps getting closer and closer coming from the edge of the forest, they could feel the air become more dense as the two got closer towards them. The timer had only reached fifteen minutes.

10 seconds after

Another animal fell.

20

Birds flew out of the forest.

30

They could hear Yami cursing.

40

Mereoleona started snickering.

50

They could see both of the boys with a trail of smoke from their wake.

60

Asta ran across the finish line first with Yami following only a second later. They had finished the race, Asta with sixteen minutes while Yami took sixteen minutes and one second.

Asta huffed and puffed as Mereoleona was laughing, not laughing about Yami losing. No, she was laughing because Asta won. She eventually calmed down from her laughing fit and gave Asta a pat on the shoulder. Julius ran to Asta giving him a tight hug before going to Yami and saying that he did his best. William was getting too shocked last month to the point the poor man could have a heart attack. First Julius came home with a child he just adopted and now that child beat Yami, a guy with much more experience in the battlefield and has a unique magic affinity. He was ready to faint from shock, but he couldn't since he needed to comfort Yami.

As he was walking to his friend, Yami started laughing hysterically and walked up to Asta before putting his hand on Asta's shoulder and said.

"I like this kid! He’s got talent, potential and high spirits!  Julius, where did you get him from?"

Asta looked up at the big man and didn't know what kind of reaction he should have. He expected Yami to be angry that he lost to some child but no, he had taken a liking to him and was equally impressed by the outcome. Asta looked up at him and did something no one expected...

He hugged Yami.

HE HUGGED YAMI SUKEHIRO, MASTER OF RESTING BITCH FACES AND TAKING SHITS.

Mereoleona stopped laughing and processed the scene before her, her Asta, innocent, sweet baby-boy with much spirit, was hugging the most 'I don't care, I'm taking a shit' person she's ever met. He was too forgiving and pure, and she wasn't about to let Yami be forgiven that easily after that stunt he just pulled. She walked up to them, pulled Asta away, swung him over her shoulder and glared at Yami. If looks could kill, yami would be a scorching mess on the ground right now. After a while, she huffed and walked towards a shocked Julius saying that Asta would be staying the night with her and her brothers. Before he or anyone could protest, she was already on her broom flying away, with Asta wide-eyed and still processing what just happened.

Nobody knew what had happened in the last twenty minutes, but they sure as hell saw a new jealous side of Mereoleona they didn't expect to see in a thousand years. Or at all

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mereoleona P.O.V.

We landed before the heavily guarded doors of the Vermillion house in the capital. The guards bowed as they saw me and opened the gates, but not before asking me who the little boy on my shoulders was. I said that it was none of their concern with annoyance in my tone and they shrink down into my shadow with me towering over them. HA, Cowards!

I walked into our residence, being greeted by several maids and butlers. I gave them some curt nods as I entered the sparring area and as I expected, I saw my two younger brothers fighting. Well not fighting, more like the younger one trying to hurt the older one but failing miserably.

"Hey weaklings! I've brought you a new friend!"

My voice boomed through the sparring room getting the attention of my two younger brothers. Leo ran up to me hugging me tightly while Fuegoleon nodded and asked what I was talking about. I set down Asta onto the ground, who has fallen asleep and said that he was staying the night. Leo didn't waste any time as he started shaking Asta to wake up. Fuegoleon tried to stop him, but it was useless against a little ball of energy. Asta woke up to Leopold’s excited face before scrambling behind me, asking who my brothers were. I told him that those idiots were my brothers, the ones I was talking about to him.

He slowly came out from behind me and introduced himself, he shook Fuegoleon's hand while Leo tackled him into a hug and started squeezing his cheeks and going on about how he would be a great man like his brother and sister. Asta was blushing due to the sudden contact and looked at me with desperate eyes, begging me to help him from his predicament. This is going to be interesting to watch.