Chapter 7

Narrator pov

It was the next morning everyone had woken up and asta was enjoying the breakfast Owen had made for him and Charlotte. Charlotte scolded him on his bad table manners and cleaned up his face, as Owen watched the scene unfold he heard a knock on the door and as expected it was Julius and gramps.

When Julius saw asta he tackled him into a loving embrace. Charlotte was shocked and pulled Julius at his ear trying to get him off of asta. Julius couldn't sleep last night because of how worried he was about asta, but because of that he occupied himself with office work and finished one week's worth of work.

As Asta was done with his breakfast he was asked to play outside while they talked about 'grown up stuff'. Asta went into Owen's herb garden, as he was walking around he saw a beautiful flower. It was a pink carnation, while he was with his gramps in the tower he spent most of his days reading books and one of his favorites was a book about flowers and their meaning. Written in the book was 'a pink carnation is a beautiful flower usually given to someone when they leave for a long period of time. The meaning of this flower is: I'll never forget you.'. For some reason Asta felt like that flower was special to him, he picked one carnation up as he looked at the petals hoping that there was someone who'd never forget him.

While inside the grown ups were having a discussion about what they were gonna do with asta. It was decided that Asta would get adopted by Julius later that day and that he would get regular check ups by Owen, he would also get regular visits from his gramps and Charlotte could always hangout with him. As they came to an agreement they heard something from the garden, Charlotte was the first to react opening up her grimoire and rushing into the garden. The rest came following behind her as they were looking for asta, after fifteen minutes they still hadn't found him that's when they heard giggling from the bush. They walked closer, but when they were there asta wasn't. But then the bush started laughing, they jumped back as carnations in the shape of a child jumped out of the bush. They were shocked to say the least as they quickly realized it was asta.

Asta walked up to them and said that while he was playing in the garden his body started to grow carnations. And after that he played hide and seek with them, he laughed but gramps and Julius were a bit concerned. Now people who didn't know about Asta's power thought that he had flower magic and with how unpredictable he is he could show them fire magic the very next day.

Julius and gramps walked of evaluating the situation and decided that if they were trustworthy enough they could know it. And that decided it with gramps communication magic they would conduct a lie detection test. Gramps would use their magic so that what they were saying in their minds would be voiced, they said that asta should play a little bit longer while they continued to talk.

They went inside and Julius asked Owen and Charlotte to sit down. Gramps opened his grimoire and said that they would do a test to determine if they could know 'something' about Asta. They nodded as they conducted the test. Julius asked the questions while they answered.

"what do you want to do with Asta"

"I don't know the child has taken a liking to me, I just want to hug him and love him till I'm dead"

Charlotte immediately blushed to what she had thought of

"I'd like to be friends with Asta he seems like a good kid and I'd like to be in his life, I want him to call me gramps but he already has you I have to say I'm kinda jealous"

Owen looked shocked as gramps snickered, they continued questioning revealing somebody's jealousy and someone else's brother complex. But in the end they were trustworthy, Julius and gramps gave them a quick run down over Asta and what had happened to him. And right when they were done they heard Asta run into the house, and guess what he was on fire.

The day went on with laughs and gramps talked things out with Owen and it together with Asta it was decided to call him jiji. Owen liked the name and hugged asta, but somewhere outside the clover was a man holding a pink carnation in the hope that someone didn't forget about them.