Chapter 37

Narrator's P.O.V

A large shockwave was felt throughout the capital city, the ground rumbled and people ran in a frenzy. They had to get to safety, they had to protect themselves, they had to hold onto their lives until the Magic Knights arrived.

In the banquet hall, Julius had to get everyone under control, especially the Vermillion siblings since they wanted to jump out of the window. He froze them in place in a time sphere and raised his voice.

"WE ARE UNDER ATTACK, SO AS MAGIC KNIGHTS WE MUST HELP THE CITIZENS. THAT MEANS CALM DOWN NOW!"

"..."

Silence had filled the room as everyone turned to Julius.

"Finally, now everyone get in position, I'll be dividing you all into teams. All of you will go in the direction I tell you in. You will all be paired with your own squad members unless I tell you otherwise. Nozel, go north. Fuegoleon, you go south. Charlotte, east, and Yami go west. Dorothy, you and your team go northwest and you'll be switching a member with the Golden Dawn. William, you'll go southeast and you'll be switching Yuno with Kirsch. Jack goes southwest and Gueldre goes northeast and you'll be joined by Marx. The northern teams will help people evacuate while the southern teams will fight. I'll stay back with our guests and will join you after I get them to safety. Understood? Now, Roll Out!"

Everyone left either using magic or like the fire siblings, jumping out of a window. Right after everyone had gone Julius turned to the King, bowed, and apologized. (Although it took a lot of willpower to do so because who the fuck wants to bow to this trash king?)

"I apologize that such a security breach has happened on such a joyous and important occasion, I shall receive my punishment after this matter has settled."

"You're supposed to be the Wizard King yet you couldn't stop such a simple attack. If it weren't for our guests, I would've gone out and defeated the enemy by now. And what about that other captain? From the...the Grey Pups."

"I think you mean the Grey Hounds."

"Yes, that one, bring him right to me after you've found him."

"I will"

Julius then turned towards the Starias, their faces impassive.

"I apologize to you too, you're our guests yet your stay here has been chaotic. I will try and repay you in any way I can."

"Oh, no worries! Mika isn't one to hold a grudge. So do you want us to help? Y'know fight, some bad guys, and save the day? Heck, we might even get a discount for the restaurant! Mmm, food ~."

That earned him a punch on the head by Mikaela. A huge bump now formed on top of his head.

"What this idiot is trying to say... is that we'll help you since we're allies."

"Oh if that's the case, then could you follow me please?"

"Of course" She then turned to the King, a professional look on her face, but underneath was a smug smile. "King Kira, do you want to join us since we would probably need your immense strength and magic. Since you don't have to stay here because of us, that is."

Mikaela was eyeing King Trash (oops sorry, I mean Kira) while he was sweating bullets. Honestly, don't expect much. There's no such thing as a free wish.

"O-oh, I need to stand by and take care of the affairs surrounding this. Yes! Affairs! I will lend you my strength in spirit. Now go!"

"We shall take our leave then."

They left the hall and hurried towards Julius' office; he knew something was up. Nobody could've launched a surprise attack from the outside, it was near impossible because of all the Knights on patrol and the safety measures he took. If it wasn't from the outside, it must've been from the inside, that would mean a mole within the Kingdom and he already had his eye set on one suspect.

When they arrived at the office Julius picked up a Magic Device meant for communication, he imbued it with a bit of his mana, and a projection of Marx was seen. The device was comparable to security cameras, though not as grainy and it was being filmed by a mana-controlled animal doll. Marx had made it for Julius so that he could still look outside without going outside and piling up his work; he could also commune with Marx through it. And so his plan began to see if he had dug up the right mole.

"Marx, you'll have to keep an eye on Gueldre, don't let him shake you off and try to get information out of him. If he won't budge, you have permission to use your grimoire."

"Understood sir, I'll report back later."

"That's a cool thing! Can I have one?"

That earned him another punch on the head.

"Orion, you can't just ask something like that!"

"Why not? I just wanted to know..."

"But-"

"Now is not the time for you two to flirt, you're joining me to go to the heart of the attack in the shadows."

"Were we flirting? Oh, well, okay then. If that's it then let's go. I'm all fired up now! C'mon Mika, last one there is a sea serpent!"

Orion jumped out of Julius' window and ran from rooftop to rooftop. Julius turned to Mikaela who had face-palmed.

"Is he always, like, you know-"

"Overly active? Yes. An oaf that I love."

At that moment, Julius understood something.

'They're both so cheesy.'

Mikaela leapt out from the window and followed Orion's path. Julius sighed and did the same, he just hoped all would go well.

'Wait, does he know where he's going?'

Gray's P.O.V

Asta and I ran towards the entrance of the castle. We saw Kento and he was looking worried. He told us that the origin of the explosion was somewhere near the middle of the capital. We decided that we should split up; he'd go aerial to observe and see if anyone needed help and we would go on the road, just in case we needed to take out an enemy.

Why is today so damn chaotic?!